• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lightweight waterproof gloves?

mitch435

Aug 23, 2019
Does anyone have any recommendations for waterproof gloves with good dexterity, bow hunting capable?

last year I ran into a few days of wet weather hunting and between getting up the rope, set up in the tree, and then the sit...it wasn’t long before my wet hands turned to cold hands and then a short sit.

move brought out multiple pairs of gloves. Switched to a dry pair after getting up the tree and set up, but it seems once my hands are wet...cold hands and then misery is inevitable.

I’m interested If anyone has experience with a waterproof glove that is goood for bow hunting. I’m not interested in thick winter gloves. Something that I can keep on and draw/shoot with. I shoot a thumb release.

thanks for any recommendations.

mitch435

Aug 23, 2019
I’ll take a look. I appreciate the input. I do have and use one of the waist muffs. Those are money. But doesn’t seem to help once the hands get wet. Even with a towel to dry, depending on the temps and wind...doesn’t take long to get cold and numb.

raisins

SH Member
Jan 17, 2019
Sealskinz are awesome

I have these in gray

Reactions: TNbowhunter

Loopwing

SH Member
Mar 10, 2020
Virginia
If you want seal skins, I just bought a pair in camo of their largest size. These gloves are unworn, because I could not get my hands in them. I will sell them to you for cost. I think it was $35. I can pm you a pic if you are interested. I was going to put them in the classifieds.

MJH

SH Member
Nov 28, 2017
Ontario Canada
If you want seal skins, I just bought a pair in camo of their largest size. These gloves are unworn, because I could not get my hands in them. I will sell them to you for cost. I think it was $35. I can pm you a pic if you are interested. I was going to put them in the classifieds.
post a pic please.

TNbowhunter

SH Member
Mar 12, 2019
Middle Tennessee
Do you by chance recall where you got those from for $35?

Loopwing

SH Member
Mar 10, 2020
Virginia
Does anyone on this thread want these gloves? If not they are going into the classifieds tomorrow morning since I finally took a pic.

Last edited:

raisins

SH Member
Jan 17, 2019
How warm are these? Where do you hunt?

Not super warm. No insulation to speak of, just tough outer layer and then the membrane. I have liner gloves to put under them if needed. I got these to have a thin, waterproof glove that would not affect dexterity when hanging sticks, etc. I hunt in WV. The coldest weather I hunt in is single digits in late season and that is rare. Teens is usually low temp. I would wear these down to the temperature of liquid rain, 32 F. Colder than that and I'll do something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJH

raisins

SH Member
Jan 17, 2019
Does anyone on this thread want these gloves? If not they are going into the classifieds tomorrow morning since I finally took a pic.

I would, but they are too big for me. I think I went XL.

raisins

SH Member
Jan 17, 2019

Are those gloves in the pic this same model?

FYI for othe.....this brand has great quality, but is sized a bit smaller than US companies (they are British). The large gloves were skin tight on me, and with US brands larges usually fit.

Last edited: