• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lines, Friction and reducing wear

Tom Karrow

As a long time windsurfer, I have used a hardness for decades. On my hardness lines, I have plastic tube covers to prevent chaffing, wear and breaking. These plastic tubes also keep the shape of the line consistent. Has anyone considered a similar thing for either the bridge, the attachment to the hardness or other when saddle hunting?
Thanks, Tom

No never thought about that. Would it be noisy? I would order some predator rope from wesspur and replace my worn ropes. If you try it let us known how it works.

It has never caused any noise that I am aware of. I'd like to protect the saddle attachment points mostly from wearing on the carabiner.
T

Maybe, if it is quiet. I do not like the camo wrap that came with the kestral on the linemans belt... too noisy!
T

Back