• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf Custom gear

USSHornet

SH Member
Mar 25, 2018
Kentucky
Anyone hear if LWCG is still coming out with a hand climber?

While I am still using a saddle for early, mid-season I could see a HC in late-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuffaloBill

SH Member
Jan 20, 2019
Indiana
I've heard there is a prototype but I haven't seen any pics. I wouldn't expect anything until next year at this point. I'm interested in it but it's allegedly going to cost around $900.

Gator

SH Member
May 20, 2019
Virginia
I've heard there is a prototype but I haven't seen any pics. I wouldn't expect anything until next year at this point. I'm interested in it but it's allegedly going to cost around $900.

I’m sure. Their 2.0 lockon is 700

Reactions: USSHornet

Plebe

SH Member
Sep 14, 2020
Yeah and it’s also like 26lbs. A sub 10lb climber would be sweet but it’d be hard to drop that much coin on a tree stand. I’d be content with them bringing back the assault hand climber.

I saw that, made me laugh. My treelounge weighed less.

Bought and sold an Assault Hand climber. It was pretty light, and packed nicely, but ultimately what I'm waiting on is more like a beefed up machined hand climber seat climbing platform.

The $900 mini-climber would have to beat the saddle out in comfort for me to consider it, and that is going to be hard to do I think. So I doubt one will ever be in my gear collection.

Reactions: BuffaloBill

muzzypower

Aug 5, 2018
I’d be all over it. Maybe. I saddle hunt from my assault climber. I love getting up quickly and cleanly. Offers more ways to find comfort for me.

Gator

SH Member
May 20, 2019
Virginia
I will take the weight penalty of my summit viper over the LW sit and climb so it’s hard to say at this point if I would buy one or not. I can’t stand all the slide this bracket and do 18 steps to get in a tree just for better pack ability

Plebe

SH Member
Sep 14, 2020
I will take the weight penalty of my summit viper over the LW sit and climb so it’s hard to say at this point if I would buy one or not. I can’t stand all the slide this bracket and do 18 steps to get in a tree just for better pack ability

18 steps? Mine just has 4 knobs to tighten.

Reactions: sawtoothscream

Gator

SH Member
May 20, 2019
Virginia
18 steps? Mine just has 4 knobs to tighten.
Loosen knobs, slide each side to open position, top and bottom, tighten knobs, attach two strap from bottom to top piece to climb, get to height, tighten both straps, etc. all steps I don't do on my Summit. And know I didn't count steps ;) I would have sold it a long time ago if it wasn't for shipping cost.

Plebe

SH Member
Sep 14, 2020
Loosen knobs, slide each side to open position, top and bottom, tighten knobs, attach two strap from bottom to top piece to climb, get to height, tighten both straps, etc. all steps I don't do on my Summit. And know I didn't count steps ;) I would have sold it a long time ago if it wasn't for shipping cost.

I guess I just don't find it as complicated as you make it sound.

I don't think setting a stick with a truckers hitch is very difficult, but broken down it could sound like:

Unstrap stick from stand, clip to saddle, remove from saddle, place on tree, hold with forehead, pass amsteel daisy chain around tree, wrap daisy chain under versa button, loop end through link, pull tight, wrap end around versa button, tie half hitch, pull bottom of stick away and down to set stick.

I think the Sit and climb design is pretty smart, but to each his/her own. I'll take the Sit and Climb over Summit every time.

Oh, you forgot strap seat to tree, lol.

muzzypower

Aug 5, 2018
I have every variation of lw and a viper. Hover between assault climber n viper these days. Its always mental trauma figuring out what to take. Viper is best for dark to dark. Lw best for hiking. Pros n cons

Reactions: gjs4

TommyDee

Nov 15, 2020
Somerset/Morris/Hunterton NJ
I’ve never tried a hand climber, but i know regular climbers tend to be loud, Was the assault quiet up the tree? A few of my best spots are like ampitheaters, one accidental squeak or clank, and hunt is over.

NMSbowhunter

SH Member
Jan 3, 2022
I’ve never tried a hand climber, but i know regular climbers tend to be loud, Was the assault quiet up the tree? A few of my best spots are like ampitheaters, one accidental squeak or clank, and hunt is over.
I have a lone wolf assault II hand climber and it is very quiet. If you go slow, you can get up a tree very quietly. It just takes a bit of practice. I started out with a full-size summit climber and if I went slow and controlled those steel cables, I could climb with it pretty quietly too. The summits were just big. The lone wolf is tiny in comparison.

I still use my Lone wolf hand climber some. It is a great little stand and if you have a lot of straight limbless trees, it is a good simple option.

Attachments

• climbers  .jpg
    climbers .jpg
    604 KB · Views: 54
  • lone wold hand climber.jpg
    lone wold hand climber.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Plebe

SH Member
Sep 14, 2020
No I do that with my Summit as well

But you don't get to height with your Summit, lol...

I'm guessing the alleged LWCG climber is going to be mechanical in some way, so probably not your thing. I'd be surprised if it didn't blow what Summit has out of the water for me, but I also doubt it will be something I would buy. Preferences.

NMSbowhunter

SH Member
Jan 3, 2022
If it were a slimmed down version of the Assault II hand climber weighing about 5 pounds along the lines of the .5 stand that would be pretty interesting but if the price tag was in the $900 dollar range, as suggested, I would just have to admire it from afar, lol. The Assault II I have weighs 14 pounds. I think. It carries very well, though and is flat on my back and doesn't stick past my shoulders. It's a neat little climber, and fast to set up and climb with.

Reactions: muzzypower