• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone wolf cut down with cable aider

CamoMan

I finally got around to finishing up my cut down lone wolf sticks with cable aiders. I cut the sticks down to below the second step on the lone wolfs, which gives me about a 17 inch stick and roughly 15 inch step. I had to move the versa button up a few inches and then attached the cable aiders onto the bottom step. Total length gives me about 32 inches with the aiders. I also modded them to be side stackable. I put in a stainless insert and to be able to remove the nut on the allen bolt that stops the steps and then added a thicker nylon washer to the standoff and now the standoffs can rotate all the way around. Overall a fairly easy project but took some time to complete. I'm super satisfied with how they turn out and they are awesome with how much more packable they are and still being able to get 32 inches per stick. (Yes I know I have one versa button that is bent..)

IMG_6061.jpgIMG_6062.jpgIMG_6063.jpg

I finally got around to finishing up my cut down lone wolf sticks with cable aiders. I cut the sticks down to below the second step on the lone wolfs, which gives me about a 17 inch stick and roughly 15 inch step. I had to move the versa button up a few inches and then attached the cable aiders onto the bottom step. Total length gives me about 32 inches with the aiders. I also modded them to be side stackable. I put in a stainless insert and to be able to remove the nut on the allen bolt that stops the steps and then added a thicker nylon washer to the standoff and now the standoffs can rotate all the way around. Overall a fairly easy project but took some time to complete. I'm super satisfied with how they turn out and they are awesome with how much more packable they are and still being able to get 32 inches per stick. (Yes I know I have one versa button that is bent..)

View attachment 27089View attachment 27090View attachment 27091
Look really good. Nice job. Have u climbed with them yet

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Nice!!I think the only other option I’d explore is bolting through the Side of tubing above the step and have it swing over the stick for stowage

Look really good. Nice job. Have u climbed with them yet

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Just once for a few minutes. Planning on doing some more in a week or 2 once the weather gets nicer. Snow and cold temps in the forecast up here

What do you mean by this?
Instead of having atrached at the same point as the step go above it and bolt it through the tubethis will make storage just flipping it up and I’d think would keep a more well rounded step

Instead of having atrached at the same point as the step go above it and bolt it through the tubethis will make storage just flipping it up and I’d think would keep a more well rounded step
Gotcha. Ya that makes sense. I’ll see how it goes this way and if there’s any issues I’ll look into it. Good idea though

Where did you get the cables?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am waiting for my aiders in the mail from DanO and then I will be putting my LW cutdown cable sticks together too! Can't wait.

Back