• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for High End Womens bows

Good luck to you.

Don't be upset but unless you are looking for a pink bow, just find one that she finds appealing to her eye in a length and weight that suits her.

Disregard the age or gender references.

Keep in mind that even the low end compound bows
have more energy than my powerful recurve and let me tell you.. carp to elk.

Good luck to you.

Don't be upset but unless you are looking for a pink bow, just find one that she finds appealing to her eye in a length and weight that suits her.

Disregard the age or gender references.

Keep in mind that even the low end compound bows
have more energy than my powerful recurve and let me tell you.. carp to elk.

Well she’s getting seriously into archery and her skill set has outgrown her current bow. Just because she is a woman doesn’t mean she just wants to pick the prettiest bow with no regard to performance

I’m not sure but I think he’s mainly just suggesting maybe looking into something that isn’t just marketed to women. I’d just take her to a shop and let her shoot whatever In a reasonable poundage for her. Some of the new Mathews have some draw weight adjustments so if she is poundage sensative you could get her started in a lower poundage and then if she worked up to get a higher poundage set of mods. Drawing a bow isn’t all about strength like most think. I’m not that strong and I can pull 70lbs fairly easy. Not sure if this helps but just trying to help! Maybe you could open your search up is all I’m saying.

Don’t get me wrong, I love high end bows, but my wife does a lot of hunting and target shooting in the yard… she absolutely loves the cheap ol Bear Cruzer G2. She got it in that moonshine toxic green. At only like 29 or 30” axle to axle it’s Pretty light weight for an aluminum compound. It shoots a little over 300 fps and the draw weight is adjustable from like 5 lbs all the way to 70lbs or something crazy like that. Only goes to 30” on draw length though. And the draw cycle is pretty smooth. You can pick up one up for around $400. It’s pretty hard to beat that for the price.

I would send longbowwomen on here a PM, she buys the best when it comes to gear and is a great person to buy from when selling, if nothing else I bet she would have some good advice.

Back