• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for Low Cost One Stick

Icedog

I am looking for a small, light, and low price one stick I can use for scouting putting up pre sets and cameras. It doesn't need a platform I may also get a ROS and use it as a secondary setup when my son wants to use the Ultimate. I have a EWO Ultimate one stick and UP on it now. I can build what I want from Dano and may go this route for just under 150 and be confidant I have a quality product. Just curious what other options are available. If there is a thread on this please point me to it.

Thats actually pretty good.. I have been intrested in saddle hunting for about 2 years but seems so expensive so have been looking at cheaper options.. i always prefer to buy a product made in and a small business if possible

Get like four of those and four cam cleats and you'll be climbing pretty quick and high if you add aiders.

Maybe ignorance questions but why 4? And what aiders would you recommend? I have honestly been looking at the ewo ultimate one stick but thats a bit pricey and not sure if its "worth it"

Basically what I meant is you can get four of those for the cost of one of the others. Maybe I'm exaggerating it a bit.
They could be loud and aren't really designed to stack. Especially with a cleat on there.

Oh ok.. i have looked at options of making my own and even kicked around making a carbon fiber one stick as I use it to make prosthetics and have access to the material but the time to r&d it will be too much

This is what I was gonna recommend as well. Haven’t tried one but I’ve been tempted to order just to play around with.

I don’t think you will come close to that price with anything else. For the money that I’ve put into a one stick you could definitely buy 4 of these probably even 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I was gonna recommend as well. Haven’t tried one but I’ve been tempted to order just to play around with.

I don’t think you will come close to that price with anything else. For the money that I’ve put into a one stick you could definitely buy 4 of these probably even 5.

Are they on here? I dont have a facerbook to look

Buy a squirrel step and ocb buckle and put a three step aider on it. Would suck to climb 30’ with. But setting it once, maybe twice to hang a camera is no thing. Light and packable.

I just looked at that thread can't go wrong for 60 bucks on that. If I didn't already have a UOS from EWO I would be in line on getting it. I found a used Muddy pro on ebay that I can fix up for a light run and gun stick. Shipped waiting on arrival.

9c2224bf299b88b1e5937c065b7891ac.jpg

Looks like he’s putting in work.

Back