• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rebel Fabrication one stick

WISCO

Anyone using a Rebel Fabrication one stick? They are steel construction and somewhere around 5 pounds set up with aider and cam cleat. They come bare metal with a button or predrilled for cleat. Seems like a nice setup for someone looking to get into one sticking and not wanting to drop $300 + on a EWO stick their first year.

Attachments

• received_625997535176117.jpeg
    received_625997535176117.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 504
  • received_653216122471502.jpeg
    received_653216122471502.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 504
I don't have FB. What is the price point on it exactly? I don't see anything on their website

I don't have FB. What is the price point on it exactly? I don't see anything on their website
I wasn't able to find the one stick on their Facebook page, I just messaged them. I was quoted $60 and then another $16 for shipping.

Haven't one-sticked in quite awhile but is 5lbs a normal weight for a single stick? Can't imagine it being fun trying to hoist/hold 5lbs above your head while securing it to a tree.

Just plain old steel? I'd rather have aluminum and no rust issues.I built something similar with EWO parts and a Monarch on the bottom. It weighed about 4.25 lbs if I remember correctly. It was great to climb with.

Just plain old steel? I'd rather have aluminum and no rust issues.I built something similar with EWO parts and a Monarch on the bottom. It weighed about 4.25 lbs if I remember correctly. It was great to climb with.
I agree, aluminum would be better, tho price would probably go up. They appear to be a custom metal fab shop, not a hunting specific business. They might be able to fab an aluminum one on request?

It's basically a copy of the tie fighter stick design that DIYBowhunter, Carl & Urbanbowhunter had, and probably some others.

Guy sees 250.00 “one stick” bolt together designs, offers welded steel option for 60.00

guys see it, wonder if he can make it out of aluminum.

guy offers welded aluminum version for 125.00

guys see welded aluminum version and question weld noises and potential for cracking due to heat stress. Wonder if he can make the pieces all bolt together.

guy offers modular bolt together aluminum version for 250.00.

Guys complain about price of modular aluminum version.

time passes.

Another guy sees complaint about price, offers steel welded version for 60.00.

Guy sees 250.00 “one stick” bolt together designs, offers welded steel option for 60.00

guys see it, wonder if he can make it out of aluminum.

guy offers welded aluminum version for 125.00

guys see welded aluminum version and question weld noises and potential for cracking due to heat stress. Wonder if he can make the pieces all bolt together.

guy offers modular bolt together aluminum version for 250.00.

Guys complain about price of modular aluminum version.

time passes.

Another guy sees complaint about price, offers steel welded version for 60.00.

Is seems like we've begun to chase our tails..

Begun???

Need less foot room? Bolt a scooter footrest to a stick.

Need more foot room? Bolt a LW seat to a stick.

Sure.

But it's the refinements that levy the $$ and often enough command it. Because...it'll make a world of difference :tearsofjoy:...and, it'll make a world of difference.

I'm probably going to get one before too long. At $60, that's tough to beat. All my ladder and hang-on stands are steel and hold up fine.

We picked one up for the shop so that we have a template for aiders and other things guys ask for. I'm really impressed with the build quality. Welds look good, clean edges and nothing overly sharp. Came in naked, no hardware, weighing 3lbs 14oz.

The surfaces are slick and there is no finish. A little none slip paint of bed liner can fix that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

We picked one up for the shop so that we have a template for aiders and other things guys ask for. I'm really impressed with the build quality. Welds look good, clean edges and nothing overly sharp. Came in naked, no hardware, weighing 3lbs 14oz.

The surfaces are slick and there is no finish. A little none slip paint of bed liner can fix that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
U would think they would have made a more useable cut out shape to make aider attachment easier

Back