• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Loop Alien....anybody do this?

dbow0603

Thinking about using this rope mod with my cranford rope steps. Anybody do this?

Looks ultra lightweight. What is it rated to?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Thinking about using this rope mod with my cranford rope steps. Anybody do this?

There's one guy here that started a thread on it.

He is doing a trucker's hitch there.

Here's my version that is similar but with daisy chains. Still the best system I've seen, few down sides.

That's what I don't know. Nothing on the website either

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Here's a thread on it

The loop alien is not rated because it is not advertised to be used for holding a human, it's to cinch up various cords for camp and other uses.

However, the guy that put that video up is in the thread and has good things to say about it. You could buy a cheap crane scale that doubles as a nice bow scale and use it to test the loop aliens with a hand winch. If they will hold 600 lbs in your configuration, you should be good (or whatever pounds you want).

Here's a thread on it

The loop alien is not rated because it is not advertised to be used for holding a human, it's to cinch up various cords for camp and other uses.

However, the guy that put that video up is in the thread and has good things to say about it. You could buy a cheap crane scale that doubles as a nice bow scale and use it to test the loop aliens with a hand winch. If they will hold 600 lbs in your configuration, you should be good (or whatever pounds you want).
Thanks

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Back