• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lounger aid

• Thread starter Deleted member 2228
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2228

New to this saddle stuff but I like it so far. Still a lot to learn and experiment with. So far I like using my tree lounger bottom for a climbing aid. This away my feet isn't at a weird position for a while. Let met know what ya think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171023-074418.png
    Screenshot_20171023-074418.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
Are you putting foot straps and using it as a climber? Just always have your harness tether with no slack in it and have a way to get down. And attach a leash to it so you can’t drop it.

There is a cord attached to it, it's there just can't see it good. U don't use foot straps with a lounger.

Looks good; looks comfortable.
But for me, it looks like you would reduce the benefits of saddle hunting by lugging that into the woods.

One of the benefits (for me) is reducing the stuff I bring i to the trees.
That being written - there are no rules so it is comfortable and safe I say give it a shot!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Looks good; looks comfortable.
But for me, it looks like you would reduce the benefits of saddle hunting by lugging that into the woods.

One of the benefits (for me) is reducing the stuff I bring i to the trees.
That being written - there are no rules so it is comfortable and safe I say give it a shot!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
I weighed all my stuff when I got it all together. The climbing aid, backpack with (rock climbing harness, tethers, bridge, caribiners, thermacell, knife, water bottle, saw, and other stuff) weighed only 8.5 lbs. So it's a lot lighter than most would think and we can't use ladders or steps were I hunt unless if u take them out every time, and that is a pain.

I weighed all my stuff when I got it all together. The climbing aid, backpack with (rock climbing harness, tethers, bridge, caribiners, thermacell, knife, water bottle, saw, and other stuff) weighed only 8.5 lbs. So it's a lot lighter than most would think and we can't use ladders or steps were I hunt unless if u take them out every time, and that is a pain.
Oops I forgot the sit drag also

Can you post a video of the lounge platform in action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with that setup. To anyone who thinks he’s carrying too much check out the other part to the tree lounge. That is a comfortable climbing stand but huge and heavy.

I used to have 2 tree lounges the original and later the new one that was supposed to be lighter and was painted green. Did not like the weight of them and how long it took to put them up. Never thought of using the foot climber with my saddle nice idea.

I used to have 2 tree lounges the original and later the new one that was supposed to be lighter and was painted green. Did not like the weight of them and how long it took to put them up. Never thought of using the foot climber with my saddle nice idea.
Bro, try it! I love using mine with my setup. The top part of the lounger is what is heavy as u know

Back