• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LW assault climbing platform.

dougell

I generally one stick with an ultimate one stick but still like the idea of using a climber in the right situation..Last winter I bought a barren ridge and while it's pretty slick,it just isn't wide enough to climb trees over 12" in diameter.I tried using a LW handclimber seat but the angle is wrong and I was afraid to modify it.Last week it hit me to just try the platform.It's just so easy to set up and climbing is right in between using a hand climber and a sit and climb.This past saturday I tossed it on my back and hiked back to a spot that I hadn't hunted in years.I hardly even noticed that I was carrying the thing.I found some fresh rubs and set up down wind.To me a saddle is far more comfortable than the handclimber top so that's a win.It was also nice having a big platform to stand and turn in whatever direction I wanted for a shot.Once up there,it's also a breeze to move the platform on a different side of the tree is you want.Just before dark a nice 8 point came through and I watched him drop less than 50 yards awat.Set up and take down takes seconds and climbing down only takes a couple more minutes.IF LWCK comes out with an even lighter climbing platform,that will be the ticket.

I generally one stick with an ultimate one stick but still like the idea of using a climber in the right situation..Last winter I bought a barren ridge and while it's pretty slick,it just isn't wide enough to climb trees over 12" in diameter.I tried using a LW handclimber seat but the angle is wrong and I was afraid to modify it.Last week it hit me to just try the platform.It's just so easy to set up and climbing is right in between using a hand climber and a sit and climb.This past saturday I tossed it on my back and hiked back to a spot that I hadn't hunted in years.I hardly even noticed that I was carrying the thing.I found some fresh rubs and set up down wind.To me a saddle is far more comfortable than the handclimber top so that's a win.It was also nice having a big platform to stand and turn in whatever direction I wanted for a shot.Once up there,it's also a breeze to move the platform on a different side of the tree is you want.Just before dark a nice 8 point came through and I watched him drop less than 50 yards awat.Set up and take down takes seconds and climbing down only takes a couple more minutes.IF LWCK comes out with an even lighter climbing platform,that will be the ticket.

I’ve been wanting LWCG to make an updated version for years. If it were the size of the hand climber top, but machined and with a better arm angle, I would pay $350.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you tried summit stirrups on the lwhc top? The factory arm angle works fine with those. I agree about how nice it is to stand on it(ive tried it too) as you say. Do you backpack it flat or take the time to fold it down?

Have you tried summit stirrups on the lwhc top? The factory arm angle works fine with those. I agree about how nice it is to stand on it(ive tried it too) as you say. Do you backpack it flat or take the time to fold it down?

You didn’t ask me, but I fold mine and carry it like a purse with the climbing band over my shoulder.

I’ve been wanting LWCG to make an updated version for years. If it were the size of the hand climber top, but machined and with a better arm angle, I would pay $350.

It's such low hanging fruit.

20FCA308-DBA2-479F-AC8F-88E42DA99DEE.jpeg

E241C1BD-55C2-4086-909C-FD098EAB283D.jpeg

You didn’t ask me, but I fold mine and carry it like a purse with the climbing band over my shoulder.

The bottom half of the assault? 10lb on your shoulder is admirable. I will try

The thing that conflicts me is tge top half carries well with the jx3 and weight is good. The lower half pushes it much too high imo

I don't fold it down and never did when I used it with a hand climber.I never even though of using the stirrups.Got a picture?

That's pretty slick.I'll have to grab some of them.I was always afraid to do any mods with nuts and bolts.

Back