• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG Kuhnerts ambush platform

Wlog

SH Member
Has anybody heard anything about when this platform will be available? Everything I’ve seen just says spring.

I emailed them about it May 5th and got a reply that said they should be available for pre order in about 6 weeks. Guessing 2nd or 3rd week of June.

I'm a long term Lone Wolf guy, but when switching to a saddle, weight was a driving factor. At almost 1.5lbs heavier (LWCG vs Predator), I am curious what the functional benefits are to support a bit over 1.5lbs more weight.

I'm curious, as weight was decision maker for going predator [ring of steps, etc. were out of my comfort zone. I wanted a platform] over Ambush.

I'm a long term Lone Wolf guy, but when switching to a saddle, weight was a driving factor. At almost 1.5lbs heavier (LWCG vs Predator), I am curious what the functional benefits are to support a bit over 1.5lbs more weight.

I'm curious, as weight was decision maker for going predator [ring of steps, etc. were out of my comfort zone. I wanted a platform] over Ambush.
It’s just a bigger platform. The same reason you chose the predator over the ring of steps. It just depends on if bigger and more expensive is what you want. Setup is going to be similar. It would probably be more comfortable for most. It just depends on if it’s worth the weight penalty to you.

It’s just a bigger platform. The same reason you chose the predator over the ring of steps. It just depends on if bigger and more expensive is what you want. Setup is going to be similar. It would probably be more comfortable for most. It just depends on if it’s worth the weight penalty to you.

Thanks EricS

I’m looking at it like this...I spent a lot of years with an 11 pound stand and 4 full length LW sticks on my back. If I can stay <10-12 pounds total I’m happy. I’m also not a guy that takes much else in with me on a hunt other than my weapon and equipment to get in the tree. Everything else can be in a pocket.

My biggest thing is trying to find something more like a hybrid between a saddle platform and a stand. The ambush or a LW assassin fit that category. The main reason is a lot of times I’m finding some tree that has one small bare patch on one side. If I can’t setup on the back side of the tree and shoot around and need to be on the front side I can still stand on this like a conventional stand if need be. In that situation if I needed to sit I could sit “side saddle” if that makes sense.

I’m looking at it like this...I spent a lot of years with an 11 pound stand and 4 full length LW sticks on my back. If I can stay <10-12 pounds total I’m happy. I’m also not a guy that takes much else in with me on a hunt other than my weapon and equipment to get in the tree. Everything else can be in a pocket.

My biggest thing is trying to find something more like a hybrid between a saddle platform and a stand. The ambush or a LW assassin fit that category. The main reason is a lot of times I’m finding some tree that has one small bare patch on one side. If I can’t setup on the back side of the tree and shoot around and need to be on the front side I can still stand on this like a conventional stand if need be. In that situation if I needed to sit I could sit “side saddle” if that makes sense.
Look for a Windwalker...that will work pretty darn well for you. thats how I used to hybrid saddle hunt with a RCH before I new what saddle hunting was...

When I spoke to Cody at the Iowa Deer Classic, he told me they would be water-jetting the final production product, which would ostensibly lighten the mass weight considerably. We'll see, I guess... hopefully they don't consider that too expensive a route to choose. To me, that would be the only way to make it a really viable choice over some of the other offerings already in existence.

I look at it as a tool I'm my arsenal. I think having a wider platform will be handy for really large trees. I have had my eye on the assassin since I started looking into saddle hunting. Just couldn't justify paying 500-700 dollars for a used one. The price of the new ambush is 279 which is more in my comfort zone

I look at it as a tool I'm my arsenal. I think having a wider platform will be handy for really large trees. I have had my eye on the assassin since I started looking into saddle hunting. Just couldn't justify paying 500-700 dollars for a used one. The price of the new ambush is 279 which is more in my comfort zone

I have this dream that someday one kindhearted saddle hunter will pm me and ask if I want to buy their assassin for $250 :blush:

I have emailed LWCG 3 times beginning in April asking for expected delivery and they have not responded to any of the emails to date. Not sure what gives there but maybe they don't need the sales so don't bother responding. Really put off by the arrogance of some manufacturers. Hope that's not the case with these guys. Anyone have updates on the Kuhnerts Platform?

Thanks.

After hearing all this, I think I will steer clear of these products. Give updates when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting myself. They did respond to me a couple months back saying this summer...…………..:rolleyes:
I have absolutely no interest in any of their other products.
Wish this guy would be working with another company......:expressionless:

Website says Fall now..,I also emailed them and didn’t get a response. I asked about his harness too

Back