• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG pre-orders

BenG

FYI LWCG opened up its pre-orders for stand and sticks. I know it’s not always well received here but I’m sure there are others that aren’t solely saddle hunters that might want to know. No platform yet, 4-8 weeks I was told.

The thing that isn't "well received" is constant "when will my stuff get here??? I ordered on bla bla bla" as saddlehunter.com is not the customer support department for all the various manufacturers. Direct questions to the vendor first, and make them public here if things go south.

Status updates about new products are not a problem.

The sticks look nice! 3/4 inch profile that stacks together flat. To me it's a game changer for those who complain about stick packability.

I couldn’t do it ... I wanted to ... I tried to .... I couldn’t do it. I feel like they would sell an exponential amount more if the price was lower. $250 for mini 4 pack just sounds so much better than $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could not afford to spend that much for a stand or sticks. Ha I cried when I bought my 4 hawk sticks for 100 bucks and now people are paying 80 bucks for half a hawk stick....crazy.

I really like the look of them, just not in the budget right now. I'd like to see/try them before I spring for them too.

They add nothing to what i currently already own so i passed. If I didn't already have awesome climbing sticks and lightweight stand I would probably get one. just can't see any really advantage over what i already use for a stick/stand mobile set up..... especially since I hunt with a saddle 95% of the time.

They add nothing to what i currently already own so i passed. If I didn't already have awesome climbing sticks and lightweight stand I would probably get one. just can't see any really advantage over what i already use for a stick/stand mobile set up..... especially since I hunt with a saddle 95% of the time.

That’s kinda how I feel. Spend $300 to get up the same tree the same way I currently am cause the stack sideways? I’m gonna pass and spend that money elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will not buy one, im completely happy with my vanish. When the vanish 2.0 drops ill consider it if its $175 or under. Ill buy it just on principal if its lighter by 4lbs.

If the stand was anywhere remotely comfortable I still wouldn't buy it for that price. They make great climbing sticks though.

The sticks look nice! 3/4 inch profile that stacks together flat. To me it's a game changer for those who complain about stick packability.

That’s what sold me on them. 6 will pack down to like a 4.5” x 5” x 21” bundle. Should fit nicely in my pack or even strapped to it.

I'm a lone wolf/stick talons/rock harness guy...it was haaaard not to pull the trigger yesterday. But with a new Kite and Predator, plus some short sticks with a pivot feature (for packability), and an entireoff-season to become proficient I am committed to this new way of hunting. No looking back now!!!

Passed on them without having to think too hard. Stand just isn't special enough to justify the price to upgrade over my assault to save 2-3lbs. Will need something truly revolutionary to buy a different set of sticks. And these definitely are not it for me.

Beast sticks, old assault and saddle. My credit card might actually be safe from hunting purchases this year.

LWC seems to have a winner when it comes to packability and light weight. However, they lost me on step length. I want nothing to do with a 32" stick. Too long for walking through the woods. I though about the mini sticks but was turned off by the 17" step length. I'll stick with my DIY sticks. My new drilled post have them under 2lbs with virsa light straps and they are 22" between steps. I gain 20" over 4 LWC mini sticks. With that said you need 5 mini sticks to equal 4 DIYs. Basically no weight savings for your now $380.00. I'm out!

Back