• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mantis question

vabwhntr

Got my saddle Mantis today. Seems well built and I briefly tried it out. Seemed comfortable. Cant wait to test it some more. My question has to do with the leg strap hook up point. Is there 2 places on each side that you could hook up the leg strap to? If that is the case is one for leaners and one for sitters? Also I noticed on mine that where the 2 hook up points are for the leg strap they are different on each side of the saddle. On one side the second attachment point is up and on the other side it is down. Does anyone else have this same setup or did it just get sewn on incorrectly? It would only be an issue if I wanted to hook up to the 2nd spot. Just curious.

I can tell ya there are two points to connect and so far I am liking the lower attachment.

Thought the leg strap hook up were to the belt area and the lower hook ups were for the micro adjuster.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thought the leg strap hook up were to the belt area and the lower hook ups were for the micro adjuster.

There are two loops for connecting. One high and one low. We wanted to give you options. The lower one you will see is a cross. One loop of the cross is for the leg strap. The other is for the micro adjuster

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There are two loops for connecting. One high and one low. We wanted to give you options. The lower one you will see is a cross. One loop of the cross is for the leg strap. The other is for the micro adjuster

Thanks for the update!!!

Should they be sewn the same way on both sides though?

Last edited:
So I sat in my Mantis today for a while. Very comfortable sitting or leaning. Looking right at a tree is not near as bad as I thought it would be. While sitting though it felt like the bottom part of the saddle was riding up towards my butt. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to keep it down lower on my leg. Also curious as to where others are hooking the leg straps. I still think something on mine is sewn wrong.

Try
So I sat in my Mantis today for a while. Very comfortable sitting or leaning. Looking right at a tree is not near as bad as I thought it would be. While sitting though it felt like the bottom part of the saddle was riding up towards my butt. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to keep it down lower on my leg. Also curious as to where others are hooking the leg straps. I still think something on mine is sewn wrong.
Adjusting tether height. Where are you hooking uo now in relation to your body? (Chest, eye level etc?) This can make all the difference.

I assume you are talking about where the prussick is hooked to caribiner and bridge? I lowered it when sitting and raised it while leaning

I assume you are talking about where the prussick is hooked to caribiner and bridge? I lowered it when sitting and raised it while leaning
I'm actually talking the height your tethwr is at wrapped around the tree. This angle to your body makes a difference to me at least.

I had it slightly above my head
Try lowering your tether height. I had my sit drag with a high tether and was use to it at or near the top of my head. The Mantis seems best at chin level for me.

Try lowering your tether height. I had my sit drag with a high tether and was use to it at or near the top of my head. The Mantis seems best at chin level for me.

Thx. I’ll try that tomorrow. Gonna try shooting out of it tomorrow also.

Can you post some pics of the sides where you believe it is sewn wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is an individual adjustment. I had it at my normal spot for my sit drag and couldn't get comfy. I just kept moving it down until I found a spot that was comfy. You will just have to readjust until you can find that spot for you. Stick with it... I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Shoot straight and good luck hunting.

Can you post some pics of the sides where you believe it is sewn wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will attempt to tomorrow but I am not a technological person so we will see. I am just assuming both sides would be the same on the lower attachment point. If you imagine you are wearing the saddle and look down at the lower attachment points both sides have 2 loops down low. On mine each side has a loop that points out ( the same direction at your linesman hookup point would point out if using your linesman belt). Also each side has another loop perpendicular to that and one of mine is on the upper side and the other one is on the lower side. I am not an expert and very new to all this so maybe it is correct but I would think both sides would be the same.

I will attempt to tomorrow but I am not a technological person so we will see. I am just assuming both sides would be the same on the lower attachment point. If you imagine you are wearing the saddle and look down at the lower attachment points both sides have 2 loops down low. On mine each side has a loop that points out ( the same direction at your linesman hookup point would point out if using your linesman belt). Also each side has another loop perpendicular to that and one of mine is on the upper side and the other one is on the lower side. I am not an expert and very new to all this so maybe it is correct but I would think both sides would be the same.
The bottom loops form a cross and should come down off of the Mantis. If you have 1 going down and 1 going up, it would be an error.

I would suggest taking photos of your saddle laid out flat on a table, then send them, along with an explanation of your problem, to hello@tethrdnation.com. Obviously, you're welcome to post them here, as well. You could see what everyone thinks, and clarify any potential misunderstanding of how it works, while waiting for your response from Tethrd.

Back