• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mini seeker and timber hitch?

Ditchdiver

Just wondering if anyone uses the timber hitch with their mini seeker, and what is the best rope/size rope to use? Thanks!

Any pictures?
I also heard that amsteel will fray quickly when used as a platform attachment. Is that true? Didn't make sense to me since my EWO one stick came with amsteel for attachment (using the cam cleat).

Any pictures?
I also heard that amsteel will fray quickly when used as a platform attachment. Is that true? Didn't make sense to me since my EWO one stick came with amsteel for attachment (using the cam cleat).
I can shoot some tomorrow. Not really sure why the amsteel would fray. My daisy chains are three seasons (plus practice runs) old. The amsteel on. my ewo one stick amsteel is four seasons I think

Just wondering if anyone uses the timber hitch with their mini seeker, and what is the best rope/size rope to use? Thanks!
As a "general rule" larger diameter rope with tough sheath gonna grab "best".

I attach my climbing method with 6mm accessory cord with a timber hitch and it can roll down a little on smoother bark or if I didn't tension the rope enough prior to making the wraps but I'm not attaching to a post or button so it's a little more difficult....a button make it easier.....amsteel probably works real well ....I haven't used climbing sticks in a while but when I do use them I attach them with with TiHi...I've use amsteel, 6mm, and 8mm rope for that and they all work fine

Back