• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mission for the win

kenn1320

Just got this today and loved it the minute I pulled it out of the box. Very sturdy with minimal flex as I stand on the corners and transfer weight side to side. No field time as of yet. I created a spliced loop using 1/4" amsteel. This holds the platform semi open which allows one sticking with it. Keeps the aider off the tree and let's you access the button to move it up the tree. You can also stay close to the tree and easily climb over it,, which isn't really possible if the platform was fully open. Standing on the edge gives you secure footing to raise your tether. At height, shorten tether and hug the tree with your legs. Reach down and remove loop from top of post and step down to set it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201205-160615_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201205-160615_Gallery.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 457
  • Screenshot_20201205-160603_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201205-160603_Gallery.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 449
Just got this today and loved it the minute I pulled it out of the box. Very sturdy with minimal flex as I stand on the corners and transfer weight side to side. No field time as of yet. I created a spliced loop using 1/4" amsteel. This holds the platform semi open which allows one sticking with it. Keeps the aider off the tree and let's you access the button to move it up the tree. You can also stay close to the tree and easily climb over it,, which isn't really possible if the platform was fully open. Standing on the edge gives you secure footing to raise your tether. At height, shorten tether and hug the tree with your legs. Reach down and remove loop from top of post and step down to set it.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. You using all 3 steps in your aider, or would 2 suffice?You rapeling down?

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. You using all 3 steps in your aider, or would 2 suffice?You rapeling down?
I need a taller tree to test. But im just over 6ft and testing shows I need all 3 if I put tether as high as I can reach and platform under that as im hanging.
Yes rappelling is awesome.

Any more intel on this??
No, Ive been busy. I did sew up a new 3 step aider and attached it via amsteel soft shackles. Just need to get to a decent tree. It should work fine, as Ive climbed onto it with the aider at ground level. Ive set the platform at ground level and transitioned it above my head. The only thing that was tricky is the width of the platform on the small tree and using a linemans belt.

No, Ive been busy. I did sew up a new 3 step aider and attached it via amsteel soft shackles. Just need to get to a decent tree. It should work fine, as Ive climbed onto it with the aider at ground level. Ive set the platform at ground level and transitioned it above my head. The only thing that was tricky is the width of the platform on the small tree and using a linemans belt.

Do you have any more pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work on this. I have a predator XL and plan on trying this method.

Why not attach the aider farther out on the platform it would get you further away from the tree?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice work on this. I have a predator XL and plan on trying this method.

Why not attach the aider farther out on the platform it would get you further away from the tree?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Key to aiders I believe is toe to the tree. IF your to far out, you induce swinging.

Key to aiders I believe is toe to the tree. IF your to far out, you induce swinging.

With the wide attachment points of a platform the swinging is pretty well negated. Though, I only use 2 step aiders and that probably also helps.

Once you leave the aider your standing on the edge of the folded up platform to advance you tether?

So stand on it at an angle? Are you utilizing the black foot step on the post?

Just climbed a tree today. I went 3 moves, my head was around 24ft I'd guess. I put a knot in the rope, ill measure it later. Standing on this while climbing is very stable. I found I should have reduced my bridge length way more. The double rope of the bridge got in the way. I found myself needing to set the platform to one side, then move over and climb it. Some more pics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201220-172519_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201220-172519_Gallery.jpg
    758.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20201220-172452_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201220-172452_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20201220-172547_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201220-172547_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 160
How big of a continuous loop are you using?

I got inspired by kenn1320 post. Used Wild Edge step rope to make a 1-piece hanging aider/camming preventer loop (fed through a splice around the platform to lock the lengths of both). I also used the WE rope to make a whoopie sling to replace the cam buckle strap. Haven't tried it on a tree yet, but I think this will work for 1-sticking. I may also use another aider on a tether as a second step, but still just use the Mission rigged like this as my single stick.

DF525E53-CFCA-422F-BD41-BDC9B864A564_1_105_c.jpeg6E1D9C33-F66B-4C4C-B381-BB86C8E1E1BD_1_105_c.jpegA4108011-0DEF-4B48-9C20-BDED7CC8727F_1_105_c.jpegED7992EE-30C8-47D2-AD1A-C9E3F5A1158A_1_105_c.jpeg

I've modded my Mission to be used as a climbing platform too. I've been up a few trees but I'm still fine tuning it. It's been tough finding time and the cold weather and snow don't help either. Once I'm 100% certain I have everything where I want it I'll post some pics and possibly a video. Thanks for the idea OP

Back