• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Missouri suggestions.

Catchot713

Louisiana guy who has a couple tags left from an unsuccessful trip earlier in the season. I plan on heading back up in a couple weeks, but am looking for something a little closer. Preferably southern or central Missouri. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Louisiana guy who has a couple tags left from an unsuccessful trip earlier in the season. I plan on heading back up in a couple weeks, but am looking for something a little closer. Preferably southern or central Missouri. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
My daughter is graduating from college down near Joplin. We're going down next weekend to attend her ceremony and bring her back home for the Christmas break. I'm half thinking of picking up a license and scouting a few public land areas and seeing if I can squale something down there for a couple of hours in the mornings when everyone else is sleeping. I'd be up for any suggestions around this area if anybody has any???? It'll probably not come to fruition but it may start the ball rolling for me to begin out of state DIY hunts.

I've never spent much time hunting public here in MO but I have heard that MDC ran conservation areas recieve more pressure than Mark Twain National Forest. It looks like the Joplin area doesn't have much except MDC ground around it but you can research areas on the MDC website.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back