• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Modified hawk one stick

Dsabhunt

I cut down a 30" hawk to just below the middle step to about 17". I put a hsp platform on the top of the stick and during the brief trial run I had the top wanted to pull away from the tree. Only tried it on a couple of oak trees, so it could of been the trees but both did the same thing. Would chamfering the bottom stand off eliminate this problem

I cut down a 30" hawk to just below the middle step to about 17". I put a hsp platform on the top of the stick and during the brief trial run I had the top wanted to pull away from the tree. Only tried it on a couple of oak trees, so it could of been the trees but both did the same thing. Would chamfering the bottom stand off eliminate this problem

Did you move the connection button?

Info here:

Another recommendation:

This is the stick I put the platform on. The cam cleat is located about 2/3 up the stick

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230101_221545_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230101_221545_Gallery.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 48
Not sure what’s going on. I removed the button and put my cam cleat in the same place, but I never cut my stick either. I had the short one too, and modified it with a cam cleat….again putting it in the same place as the button was. I just sold it as I like the long stick better. I keep a pretty good angle on my attachment cord so it’s easier to pull up and release. My lower standoff will try to kick out on a leaner while I’m on the single step aider but never the top one.
F3BECD8A-1531-4207-BBAF-620A6E28F7CA.jpegA5C6EA15-D45C-4ADC-B230-F37487F5B5B5.jpeg611BF1CF-9AC4-4B12-885D-DB94A1A80C63.jpeg

Back