• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Modified heliums and lone wolf platforms

BrianO

Finally got the nerve to mod the heliums. Cut to 24",versa button, amsteel ropes and a fresh paint job. Oh and a amsteel loop for the knaider.

And i cut up my lone wolf alpha to make platforms out of. Talk about commitment. Baby, Im all in. I like the one made from the platform better than the seat. But two out of one stand, and i think i have figured a way to use some of the left over portion on a WE stepp as another.
be5170acad3259e4bb869a7e0ac63241.jpg
58eb8fe308ebbbd74b7ab87e47e848f1.jpg
2e97e81b6cf38e1bee0ef47375032e4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Incredible camouflage. In my life I have never seen a piece of equipment or clothing blend so well.

Wicked nice @BrianO!! Is that hydro dip paint job or what? I gotta try! Look like production platforms as well, VERY well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent work!
Fine photography too.
If you are able, I'd like to know the finished weights of each.

Excellent work!
Fine photography too.
If you are able, I'd like to know the finished weights of each.
Finished weight with 10' amsteel ropes was 6#11oz for all 3. A little long on the ropes i know but i like options.

Awesome paint job. I love it. What colors did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The base coat was the grey color they came. Then i used a plastic sack and juat dabbed olive, beige, a little black. And while it was still wet went over it again to kinda blend. The last layer was white that i barely pressed the knob to make it spit white drops. Ill post a color pic.

Color pic of the sticks.
85f4955ccc3104a448ef43ab1a0d0071.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hell yeah! With my bolt mod instead of versa button!
The bolt mod is the greatest thing ever for this especially. I added a 4" inch 5/16 grade 8 bolt and pressed 1/4" fuel line on the bolt on either side of post since that pic was taken. Awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing.

The bolt mod is the greatest thing ever for this especially. I added a 4" inch 5/16 grade 8 bolt and pressed 1/4" fuel line on the bolt on either side of post since that pic was taken. Awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing.
Add some washers to keep the strap or rope on when slacked!

Back