• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Morning coffee and piss bottles

Kurt

I just read an old thread about giving up coffee for hunting season for scent control issues, it said some more but I didn't read it because the thought of giving up coffee in my tree gave me a headache. It did however bring up an age old question about pissing. I was wondering if in 2018 anybody but me was still pissing in a bottle, or just letting it rain, or just holding it, or what?

Urine tends not to bother deer. However dropping a deuce does. Still trying how to do # 2 from a saddle without it getting in the saddle. LOL

My thought is, leave no foreign scent. Anybody have deer cross their waste stream, and what if any reaction did they have.

Urine tends not to bother deer. However dropping a deuce does. Still trying how to do # 2 from a saddle without it getting in the saddle. LOL
I'm pretty sure Tethrd will cut a custom, reinforced poo chute if you ask in the order notes. Need to supply them with b-hole measurements and reference pic.

Then you just hook up your SYS bag underneath.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Tethrd will cut a custom, reinforced poo chute if you ask in the order notes. Need to supply them with b-hole measurements and reference pic.

Then you just hook up your SYS bag underneath.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Nobody speak a word of this to @Blinginpse.

I dropped a deuce about 50 yards behind my food plot and didn’t even get a trail cam pic for a month. Haven’t tried it from a saddle but I think it’s doable. What about the fleece saddle guys wearing a RCH.

Had a spike at 25 yards bedded in front of me. I had to pee so I let it fly. He never even lifted his head to look my way. Scent was in my face so I can’t say if scent would’ve played a part or not. Sound did not.

Do NOT pee from the stand!!!...hold it until you can let er rip into a scrape
Peeing into mock scrapes is one of the tactics to starting the scrape. I have a mock near my barn. I've peed in it for years. I get literally hundreds of pics per week on that scrape.
Human urine does not alarm deer. Let it go, let it flow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Let it fly, just don’t aim into the wind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do NOT pee from the stand!!!...hold it until you can let er rip into a scrape
Peeing into mock scrapes is one of the tactics to starting the scrape. I have a mock near my barn. I've peed in it for years. I get literally hundreds of pics per week on that scrape.
Human urine does not alarm deer. Let it go, let it flow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I peed in a fresh scrape this past late October. Two days later I went back and some saplings next to the scrape had become the unfortunate victims of a very aggravated buck!

I've taken scent control to the max, I've spent so much money on it. Spit in bottles, pee in bottles. But even this year my dad sets on the ground, doesn't practice scent control with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and still kill nice bucks every year. He has done this since he taught me to hunt. Just don't understand it.

Back