• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Moveable aider

Tribesc

I made a moveable aider, added some reflective vinyl tape, and stitched it as well.

3e65f6cfc60dcb53dc9d0972034ba48d.jpg
d8dcd7b6151ffb92ee74999596b63f17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m an anti Croc guy. But damn those feets is ugly. Hands down the ugliest part of our bodies.
I’m making a moveable aider too. Love that method. I have a couple now that are too complicated. Im thinking a double swaider style.

Those things need more than an aider:screamcat:
That photo is from an article about an indigenous tribe who spends most of their time in trees

They don’t need spurs i bet.

Don't drop that moveable aider. If you do you better be prepared to rappel down or have a grappling hook to retrieve it.
I gave up on the moveable aider and just went to a fixed aider attached to my bottom step. It is always there for when I need it to get down.

Don't drop that moveable aider. If you do you better be prepared to rappel down or have a grappling hook to retrieve it.
I gave up on the moveable aider and just went to a fixed aider attached to my bottom step. It is always there for when I need it to get down.
If it's fixed on your bottom step how does it help you get down?

Still going strong. I am still alive. Maybe I am just a lightweight. :)

I attach my aider to my backpack or saddle with a 3-4 foot piece of 550 cord with a small prusik knot and biner. I adjust it short and put the aider in my pocket. I pull it out after the 1st stick is set and adjust it long so i can attach it on the stick. Aider has a big loop that goes over the top step. Once i get both feet on the bottom step of the stick I'm climbing i take the loop off the top step and let it dangle off to my side. Step up and attach next stick. Pull it up and repeat. The only thing to watch out for doing it this way is to pay attention to the aider and don't get a step tangled in the lower stick.

Still going strong. I am still alive. Maybe I am just a lightweight. :)
Got ya....for some reason i was thinking on the bottom stick only.....
I had a similar setup last year to what you got going on. It may just be in my head but i swear a doe and a coyote saw the lowest step swaying in the wind and bolted. I used rubber air line. Thicker wall than garden hose so the step stays open better, smaller diameter, and rubberized for grip.

been using a moveable aider force seasons, have never even come close to dropping one. But even if I did it would be very simple to make aider out of my tether to climb down and get it. It is very unlikely to drop a CAYG aider because of how it is used.

Got ya....for some reason i was thinking on the bottom stick only.....
I had a similar setup last year to what you got going on. It may just be in my head but i swear a doe and a coyote saw the lowest step swaying in the wind and bolted. I used rubber air line. Thicker wall than garden hose so the step stays open better, smaller diameter, and rubberized for grip.
I have been using the two aider step stick for one sticking and it works great. I always know these steps will be open and in the center of the stick so I don't have to look down to see it twisted or tangled or blowing in the wind.

been using a moveable aider force seasons, have never even come close to dropping one. But even if I did it would be very simple to make aider out of my tether to climb down and get it. It is very unlikely to drop a CAYG aider because of how it is used.
Does your aider ever twist or become misaligned so it is not where you think it should be?

Dang y’all are harsh!!!! I’ve done a lot of moveable aider climbing. I used one last season. I never had any issues.

Does your aider ever twist or become misaligned so it is not where you think it should be?
Not the way I use it. and coming down, you can pull it to your foot and let it down.

I dont mean to sound harsh guys, but there is so much misinformation on social media these days by guys that have less than one season in SH and try something once or twice and then make a video for YouTube. I have ZERO to sale anyone and am not affiliated with any product. I've tried almost everything and even had a few DIY ideas along the way.

I hope everyone finds there perfect system. But I also dont want new people to dismiss an idea because one person posts a hypothetical what if. Try it for yourself and you will quickly see there is a very slim chance of dropping a CAYG aider. and if you are worried about it.... tie a 3 ft piece of paracord to it and a belt loop. but honestly, it's just not a problem, and if you do most anyone can tie up a loop with your tether, or just lower yourself 2 extra ft. try it and report back.

i've gone from full size sticks with aiders attached to each stick, to cut sticks with a swaider, and now to cut sticks with a movable aider (cayg). i find the CAYG is the best fit for my style. it is super simple, and effective. in the event that i drop or lose the aider, I have the swaider stashed in my backpack. in the event i lose my swaider and backpack AND moveable aider, I have practiced using my tether as a temporary swaider.

Worst case scenario you hold onto your stick and lower yourself to your next stick to get down. Personally I don’t even use the aider on the way down most times.

Back