• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy Stick Issues

Tim Tripoli

First has any body had the step bolts loosen up on them? I have one stick that constantly comes loose. Going to add locktite.

Maybe it is just me but have a horrible time getting them stacked and locked together for transport. Anyone have any tips.

Thnks

Tim

First has any body had the step bolts loosen up on them? I have one stick that constantly comes loose. Going to add locktite.

Maybe it is just me but have a horrible time getting them stacked and locked together for transport. Anyone have any tips.

Thnks

Tim

Yes. In fact I got a defective one out of the box and muddy refused to do anything to help me. I’m bitter and will never buy another product again.

Yes. In fact I got a defective one out of the box and muddy refused to do anything to help me. I’m bitter and will never buy another product again.
Cool Now we know why you don't like those sticks. Mine came with every bolt on the sticks loose. But they worked fine for me after I tightened them up.

Cool Now we know why you don't like those sticks. Mine came with every bolt on the sticks loose. But they worked fine for me after I tightened them up.

The bolt that goes through the stick spins so I can’t even tighten it. No head on that bolt.

I had the same issue with the stripped bolt head spline new out of the box. I contacted muddy, gave them the serial number and they sent a replacement. I also have to tighten the bolts a few times a season. They can be a pain to stack also. I’m thinking about putting some fixed steps on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with the stripped bolt head spline new out of the box. I contacted muddy, gave them the serial number and they sent a replacement. I also have to tighten the bolts a few times a season. They can be a pain to stack also. I’m thinking about putting some fixed steps on mine.

Or build new sticks like @ImThere has

Thnks

Tim
Which Muddy sticks are they because I was thinking of getting Muddy pro sticks .

Or build new sticks like @ImThere has

I’ve been sifting through the custom/homemade builds. It would be nice to find some complete paper weights or a tutorial on a complete build that was easy to follow. Everyone has been a big help for ideas, you included. What I have works for me, but better is well.....better. And that’s what I’m looking for. I do know I would like to use an aider I move up with me, a step distance greater than 18”, and a lighter stick.

Which Muddy sticks are they because I was thinking of getting Muddy pro sticks .
Muddy pros are @Boudreaux favorite. I liked them too and they stack well if you get the bolt from the versa button in the hole in the stick about but they are heavy. Yes the bolts can be an issue. I have used them for 2 years and think they are ok. I have also used modified heliums which are great.

Back