• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My DIY Hickory Creek right to left conversion at zero cost

HuumanCreed

SH Member
Well....drank the koolaid. A member pointed me to a used Mini near me. I was saving up for an excalibur but it was a good deal so l jumped on it.

Only problem was it was right handed while I'm left handed. I try shooting it left handed and it was fine. Just was not as comfortable as l liked. Reached out to Jerry Goff, a super nice guy and very helpful. Wanted to know if there any way to convert it. Only thing he would recommend is buying a left handed assembly and extra front grip assembly. A $400ish cost. I might of as well buy one brand new. So needed to find my own solution.

It was so simple. Remove the quiver, move the front grip to where the quiver is. The holes didnt exactly aligned but a single drill hole added to the horseshoe bracket solved it. Then mod an old Mathews web quiver where the front grip was located and I'm good. No worries of the string hitting anything because it's onthe outside of my profile. It's not as inline, but might actually be safer. So far l like it. Can always switch it back for when my son want to use it. Or l might just buy a front grip and leave it there.

388deee159306a3efda5edec645d1da5.jpg
91cad5f0c4e44367bd6cb1ec388c36f8.jpg
aa022b465bc778fd20f8d7515306b0c8.jpg
d4a8d3b4c563370cc20b507a7139a6d5.jpg
7c27fe6eae8918c402040f43712f171a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nice. May actually work better for you you’re right. Will check back in next season to see how it’s working.

Back