• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My diy perch platform..

Camoboss

Got a little more clean up to do and some paint. May try the sponge paint method...
133e5805911ee203c421e0c996ce9a22.jpg
0c32df9af778b306aab14d7cea1bc53d.jpg
cdn.com/20190326/b6f9c1fc0a0c63faa581824a07ad1615.jpg[/IMG]

Looks great! I've been planning to build one myself this summer when I get some material and time for it. I do have about half of a treesuit platform done currently

Looks great. Was thinking of making my own as well but i dont have my stepps yet. Dont wanna go making it and it be out of spec.

Update. Finally got it cleaned up and primed. I sprayed it with with some bed liner coating and dusted it with some garnet media I use for calcium removal to give it a rough texture. Threw it on a scale just for the hell of it. I think I’m may try my hand at sponge camo...
934467a6c39210a402d66d155c854e93.jpg

Is that dang thing aluminum....? Either way, that’s frickin awesome!

....................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Is that dang thing aluminum....? Either way, that’s frickin awesome!

....................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Yes sir, it is aluminum.

How does this work?

What keeps it from flipping down when you step on it? Is there something that bites the tree?

Oh I see, the wings on the sides hook on the stepp. Cool.

Does this go on before or after you cam the stepp?

Back