• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My first saddle set up

Zane Sowder

Just wanted to show everyone my first saddle set up and hear opinions on what they think about this model saddle and what not
1731fd4f62fce681f1eb66061ef4a9bc.jpg
0bce15ad97471eae8ef154c8e677dee5.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

AND A STEP BELT......!!!!!
excellent set up. ...mods i made were; swap out to a rope linesman/ropeman. Couple Petzel ring opens through the factory stitched loops just ahead of your hips for linesman and / or rope tether attach points and that should make that more than comfy.

My tether is in my pouch forgot to pull it out sorry bout that guys

AND A STEP BELT......!!!!!
excellent set up. ...mods i made were; swap out to a rope linesman/ropeman. Couple Petzel ring opens through the factory stitched loops just ahead of your hips for linesman and / or rope tether attach points and that should make that more than comfy.
I know right! I see many people have switched to a rope LB does the stock one attached not work too well?

I don't like how the lineman's belt hooks up in your blind spot on the opposite side of the tree on the early models.

I have the same saddle. Cut the lineman belt off about 6 or 8 inches long on each side. Then sew them up with a sewing awl to make lineman loops. Use a rope belt instead... Much better!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

The stock equipment will work.
The rope/ropeman linesman works much easier.
You could drive a Geo Metro as a hunting vehicle too. It will work, but a pick up truck is much better.

The rope LB with Ropeman 1 is waaaaay better.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

You could drive a Geo Metro as a hunting vehicle too. It will work, but a pick up truck is much better.

The rope LB with Ropeman 1 is waaaaay better.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
What size rope do you recommend for the LB with the ropeman 1

What type of rope works best? Do you replace the bridge as well? With the same rope?

Sampson Predator would be my choice for a tree teather. I've been considering removing the stock bridge and running a ropeman on the petzel ring so it's an adustable bridge and double duty to cinch the saddle when walking in. Then I may possibly remove the Web suspenders and just use the bridge to run up and behind my neck to act like the suspenders.....just haven't had the guts to start cutting quite yet...

Sampson Predator would be my choice for a tree teather. I've been considering removing the stock bridge and running a ropeman on the petzel ring so it's an adustable bridge and double duty to cinch the saddle when walking in. Then I may possibly remove the Web suspenders and just use the bridge to run up and behind my neck to act like the suspenders.....just haven't had the guts to start cutting quite yet...
Great choice on rope and Wesspur sell it 95 cents a foot.

Back