• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My modded anderson

Vtbow

Cobra buckle finally showed up so here it is. Mods are:
Tether cut off and replaced with 1" tubular, -24" bridge. Water knot on each end, 2" of tail.
-waist belt adjusting setup removed (the plastic buckle pieces you feed the webbing through), center of waist belt cut and no sew 2" cobra buckle added
-petzl open rings fed through ends of waist belt for linemans connection points. This took a LOT of warm water and patience to get them the channel to stretch enough to get them through.

This thing is awesome. I need to do a fold over sew on the tail ends fed through the buckle so they can't pull through, and wrap the open rings in vet wrap, or fabric tape. Then I'm done. This will be my go to saddle this year. It's small, comfy, light, and easily adjusted for different clothing layers. This, some bolts and an ameristep ring all fit in a fanny pack. Rockin.2018-08-31 22.01.17.jpg2018-08-31 22.00.57.jpg2018-08-31 22.00.20.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't get much more compact than that. How much hang time do you have it it? How do you rate it for comfort?

It doesn't get much more compact than that. How much hang time do you have it it? How do you rate it for comfort?
Not a ton since.I added the buckle, tested out this morning. Super comfy, easier to get to sit in the position. I want than before. Have some practice time in on it before the buckle and ring mods and really happy with it.

Not a ton since.I added the buckle, tested out this morning. Super comfy, easier to get to sit in the position. I want than before. Have some practice time in on it before the buckle and ring mods and really happy with it.
That looks pretty sweet. Still waiting for my first saddle to show up. Hope it's here before the opener.

That looks pretty sweet. Still waiting for my first saddle to show up. Hope it's here before the opener.
If you want something to practice with let me know...you can borrow my trophyline ambush.

If you want something to practice with let me know...you can borrow my trophyline ambush.
Been practicing with a hss harness and a bridge tied from the linemans loops. It's not perfect but works. I'm keeping shoulder straps off and tethr is about as high as I can reach right now with a 24 inch or so bridge. Now I'm only 3 ft off the ground but it gets the feel. I may pm you though.

Been practicing with a hss harness and a bridge tied from the linemans loops. It's not perfect but works. I'm keeping shoulder straps off and tethr is about as high as I can reach right now with a 24 inch or so bridge. Now I'm only 3 ft off the ground but it gets the feel. I may pm you though.
Sure, let me know if you need anything...I'm probably 10 minutes from you after all...

Thank you I may take you up on some advise as I get rolling here.

How long was your waist belt before you cut it to put the cobra buckle on? It seems like mine would be way too short to be useful for this.

The one I just picked up does not seem like I'll get the rings through it. At most its an 1/8" opening.

I may have to pick your brain - I might be missing a part or something. It's not adding up for me.

How long was your waist belt before you cut it to put the cobra buckle on? It seems like mine would be way too short to be useful for this.

The one I just picked up does not seem like I'll get the rings through it. At most its an 1/8" opening.

I may have to pick your brain - I might be missing a part or something. It's not adding up for me.
The waist belt should be long enough. I did something similar... but not sure exactly what you have. The rings he has on there are petzl open rings. The ones I have the opening is probably at least 1/4".

The waist belt should be long enough. I did something similar... but not sure exactly what you have. The rings he has on there are petzl open rings. The ones I have the opening is probably at least 1/4".

Sorry I'm too tired to be typing...

I've got the open rings from another project - I'm thinking there's no way I can get it through the little bit of loop at ends of this thing. Does it look like yours?

I unthreaded the waist belt from the slide adjusters and pulled it off the sling. It's about 24" long, maybe longer than I originally thought.

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

It's the original waist band. I cut it dead center. The loops at the end of the waist band were TIGHT. The petzl open rings have a sharper radius at the opening on one side. You have to feed the more "open" one through. Like I said, also soaked I'm hot water. They didn't slip right through by any means.

Looks about the same...you might have a little less....2018-09-05 21.43.50.jpg

Sorry I'm too tired to be typing...

I've got the open rings from another project - I'm thinking there's no way I can get it through the little bit of loop at ends of this thing. Does it look like yours?

I unthreaded the waist belt from the slide adjusters and pulled it off the sling. It's about 24" long, maybe longer than I originally thought.

View attachment 6043

View attachment 6044
I'm sorry and I looked a little closer. I did mine differently. I took the entire waist belt off and just tied a bridge into the the two loops on each side from the saddle itself.

I think I'm sewing up a new waist band to use them - no way these will open up. I don't think I could get 1/8 diameter straight rod through there...

Also, I know it's a stupid question - but how does the waist belt work? I can't see how it would pull either of the "slings" tight around you? I assume pulling the two metal coated oval rings closer to the center of your waist pulls the slings tight enough?

At the risk of being forward - any chance of photo of it on your person? I could buy you a beer if it helps!

I'm sorry and I looked a little closer. I did mine differently. I took the entire waist belt off and just tied a bridge into the the two loops on each side from the saddle itself.

How did it work for you set up that way?

It's a no-sew adjustable cobra, just like the waist belt on a backpack. Pull the two tail ends and it tightens. The open rings keep the ends from goung through the square metal hardware that gathers the sling seats. I had originally left the tail of the water knot on the bridge long and put an overhand on a bite there and just had the rings through those, but I wanted them separate from the bridge.2018-09-05 21.55.49.jpg

I think I'm sewing up a new waist band to use them - no way these will open up. I don't think I could get 1/8 diameter straight rod through there...

Also, I know it's a stupid question - but how does the waist belt work? I can't see how it would pull either of the "slings" tight around you? I assume pulling the two metal coated oval rings closer to the center of your waist pulls the slings tight enough?

At the risk of being forward - any chance of photo of it on your person? I could buy you a beer if it helps!
No worries, already have a beer in hand!2018-09-05 22.07.18.jpg
Man that makes my belly look huge..must be the angle...

Just wondering if you plan on wrapping those Petzl rings to help prevent noise?

Back