• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My new 'Industrial' paper tuning stand...

Looks awesome. I assume the bungee keeps tension on the roll? How does it stay tight on the bottom?

Looks awesome. I assume the bungee keeps tension on the roll? How does it stay tight on the bottom?

Yep, the bungee keeps the paper roll still and if you look closely at some of those pictures you can see that light grey piece of PVC that I split. That snaps on the middle 'cross member' and holds the paper tight at the bottom...

Nice paper tuner. Similar design to the one I built. I have the paper roll on top as well, but I also have a bottom shaft that I use to roll the paper onto as I need new paper. It saves me from having to cut it when I need new paper. Here is a couple pics of mine.

paper tuner 1.jpgpaper tuner 2.jpg

^^^ That sucker is nice!!!

I like the springs you used to keep the paper tight.
I really like the crank at the bottom.
Good thinking!

The springs are screen doors springs and can be bought at most hardware stores. Being about to wind up the paper as I need it makes it nice.

Back