• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My new toy

sdoyle1

f113cc68862757b5ce90abd5d66bcc74.mov

New servo motor for it arrives Friday. Should tackle any diy projects I’ll do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice
What model is that
If you don’t mind post up about how works after you use it for a while

Nice
What model is that
If you don’t mind post up about how works after you use it for a while

It’s a tacsew t111-155. It has walking foot and needle feed so it should be great for multiple layers of webbing and mesh. I’ve only tried it a little as I’m waiting for the servo motor. The seller was scared of it because she said “it goes really fast” She wasn’t wrong. I got it for $200 and it comes with several different feet and close to 100 needles from size 18 to 22. I’d been scouring Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for about a month trying to find a deal on a industrial machine like this for a reasonable price. I’m happy with my purchase and hope to produce a saddle on it within the next couple of weeks.

Wow that’s an awesome deal
From what I have read and watching some YouTube videos of Alexander dier the walking foot with needle feed are great machines for multiple layers

It’s a tacsew t111-155. It has walking foot and needle feed so it should be great for multiple layers of webbing and mesh. I’ve only tried it a little as I’m waiting for the servo motor. The seller was scared of it because she said “it goes really fast” She wasn’t wrong. I got it for $200 and it comes with several different feet and close to 100 needles from size 18 to 22. I’d been scouring Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for about a month trying to find a deal on a industrial machine like this for a reasonable price. I’m happy with my purchase and hope to produce a saddle on it within the next couple of weeks.

That's a crazy good deal, I got a good deal on a consew and paid 3 times that much!

What servo did you go with?

I ordered the consew 1 hp motor off of amazon. It was only $35 more than the cheapest 3/4 hp. After reading reviews I still didn’t know which one to go with so I figured 1 hp was better than 3/4 hp.

That's a crazy good deal, I got a good deal on a consew and paid 3 times that much!

It could have possibly been cheaper. It was listed at $125. I messaged the guy asking for model number. He said he’d get back to me and had someone coming the next day to look at it. I told him if it was the model I was after I’d give him $200 for it. It was the right model and then he said it was mine for $200.

Nice! That should work for anything you'll be doing.

The 1hp motor will be plenty of power too. I have that 'cheapest 3/4hp on Amazon' servo motor, and I have yet to see it struggle with anything saddle related.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dude you stole it! Going to a walking foot/needle machine is an absolute game changer. Wish i had bought mine a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dude you stole it! Going to a walking foot/needle machine is an absolute game changer. Wish i had bought mine a long time ago.

I understand walking foot, but what is needle machine functionality (more than just a term for thread injector).

What would be the equivalent Juki machine? I know the DDL-8700H is recommended, but as far as I know, it does not have a walking foot.

Thanks!

I understand walking foot, but what is needle machine functionality (more than just a term for thread injector).

What would be the equivalent Juki machine? I know the DDL-8700H is recommended, but as far as I know, it does not have a walking foot.

Thanks!
The needle moves forwards and backwards with the foot. Some machines have one or the other but not both walking parts. Biggest perk is it assist with feeding top and bottom fabrics through at the same rate, especially with more thickness of material. A standard machine with no walking funtion will tend to feed the bottom material slightly faster than the top because the feed dogs are only engaging the bottom fabric. If you dont stay on top of it, you will get to the end of a long seam and your ends will not line up. This can be very exaggerated on a 10 foot seam on a tipi.

Im not familiar with many juki machines so i cant give a comparison. My juki ddl552 does not have any walking function. My consew 206rb5 has walking fooy and needle. The juki hasnt been used since i bought the consew. The 552 also does not have reverse, so that impacts my use as well.

The needle moves forwards and backwards with the foot. Some machines have one or the other but not both walking parts. Biggest perk is it assist with feeding top and bottom fabrics through at the same rate, especially with more thickness of material. A standard machine with no walking funtion will tend to feed the bottom material slightly faster than the top because the feed dogs are only engaging the bottom fabric. If you dont stay on top of it, you will get to the end of a long seam and your ends will not line up. This can be very exaggerated on a 10 foot seam on a tipi.

Im not familiar with many juki machines so i cant give a comparison. My juki ddl552 does not have any walking function. My consew 206rb5 has walking fooy and needle. The juki hasnt been used since i bought the consew. The 552 also does not have reverse, so that impacts my use as well.

Thanks for the info.! If I understand you correctly, the 206rb5 has all I would need wrt walking foot.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info.! If I understand you correctly, the 206rb5 has all I would need wrt walking foot.

Thanks!

206rb was the model I was really hoping to find at a reasonable price before I found my tacsew.

206rb was the model I was really hoping to find at a reasonable price before I found my tacsew.

I looked exhaustively for one at a reasonable price. I finally caved and bought one for $900. A week later i found one for quite cheap with a cracked frame that i probably could have fixed, if it affected use at all.

Being a man who really enjoys getting things at an extreme bargain, i am envious of the machine you got for the price.

I looked exhaustively for one at a reasonable price. I finally caved and bought one for $900. A week later i found one for quite cheap with a cracked frame that i probably could have fixed, if it affected use at all.

Being a man who really enjoys getting things at an extreme bargain, i am envious of the machine you got for the price.

I’m happy with finally getting a deal as well. I see great deals on various items on Facebook marketplace every once in a while but being the first one to be able to make the transaction is the hard part and I usually miss out. Luckily an industrial sewing machine doesn’t have as many interested shoppers as many other items.

Got the servo motor today. Night and day difference. Don’t even need to turn it down as there’s much more control with the foot pedal. Just played around with it with my 138 thread trying to set the tension and I was easily able to sew through 16 layers of duck cloth canvas. I did that at a controllable speed as well thanks to the servo motor.

Back