• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My short review of classic 2

muzzypower

Ive hit the woods a few times in it. Ive had a kite and recon prior and the classic is the best. I dont have to find comfort, it finds me. I think the larger size makes a difference. I wish id have gotten a larger recon to compare. I think i will enjoy the classic for shorter sits and my jx for longer ones. Climbing with the lwhc works well. I had almost thrown in the towel.

Ive hit the woods a few times in it. Ive had a kite and recon prior and the classic is the best. I dont have to find comfort, it finds me. I think the larger size makes a difference. I wish id have gotten a larger recon to compare. I think i will enjoy the classic for shorter sits and my jx for longer ones. Climbing with the lwhc works well. I had almost thrown in the towel.

I had one to try. Never made it to the woods before I sold it, but I agree with your sentiment "I dont have to find comfort, it finds me" in that the Classic II doesn't require much adjustment if any to get relative comfort. It's a great starter saddle that way, especially for those wanting a lightweight mesh saddle.

I have 3 saddles I find more comfortable, but two of them are bulkier and the other sometimes needs a touch of adjustment to hit that uber cozy feel, whereas you can pretty much just lean into the Classic II and it's pretty good all the time. I did feel the Classic II pulled my legs together some, though it didn't pinch or annoy.

I had one to try. Never made it to the woods before I sold it, but I agree with your sentiment "I dont have to find comfort, it finds me" in that the Classic II doesn't require much adjustment if any to get relative comfort. It's a great starter saddle that way, especially for those wanting a lightweight mesh saddle.

I have 3 saddles I find more comfortable, but two of them are bulkier and the other sometimes needs a touch of adjustment to hit that uber cozy feel, whereas you can pretty much just lean into the Classic II and it's pretty good all the time. I did feel the Classic II pulled my legs together some, though it didn't pinch or annoy.
Which saddles do u like better?

Last edited:
Which do u like better?

AH Flex, TN Blackbelt, Wood Hunting Saddles Original.

I've been using the Flex and it's easy comfort, built like a tank, and of top notch construction, but it's a bit bulky/sloppy.

I hunted this year's archery opener yesterday in the Wood Original saddle. I was in total comfort without any effort, but when I put it through the paces over the spring there were times I needed to dial it in a touch. It is built like a tank with superb construction and attention to detail. For me it won out over the Calssic II for versatility, construction, and overall comfort when dialed in (which doesn't take much). If you like a wide stance, it's far better. Though the Classic II has a more consistent initial feel.

TN Blackbelt is the most comfortable saddle I've tried. It is made by a fall protection equipment company...that said, I find the build sloppy. I had never used a two panel saddle but wanted to see how a padded design performed, so basically I got it out of curiosity and it surprised me how nice that is.

OG classic was more comfortable IMO. The rope belt seems to add a pressure point at the top of my hips I didn’t get with the OG. Wish I never sold it. They were also $180 now the classic 2 has been jacked up to $250 and uses rope belt where they eliminated the expensive buckle. Seems to be a little inflation and a lot of greed in their pricing these days.

OG classic was more comfortable IMO. The rope belt seems to add a pressure point at the top of my hips I didn’t get with the OG. Wish I never sold it. They were also $180 now the classic 2 has been jacked up to $250 and uses rope belt where they eliminated the expensive buckle. Seems to be a little inflation and a lot of greed in their pricing these days.

Initially I was aware of the rope roll too, but it wasn't very noticeable in my normal hunting clothes (stratus bibs and heavier). Though I never did hunt from mine, just a some yard hangs. I liked the camo of the original.

I thought the Classic II was allegedly more comfortable by having a longer width between the bridge loops. No?

I noticed the rope knot in summer practice. Not withhunting attire on though. I tend to pull it up high as i lean mostly. Like back support

Initially I was aware of the rope roll too, but it wasn't very noticeable in my normal hunting clothes (stratus bibs and heavier). Though I never did hunt from mine, just a some yard hangs. I liked the camo of the original.

I thought the Classic II was allegedly more comfortable by having a longer width between the bridge loops. No?

I don’t think there was extra length at all. If there was it wasn’t enough to notice.

I don’t think there was extra length at all. If there was it wasn’t enough to notice.

I guess I'm remembering this thread.

72EC06F1-982C-42B1-A266-29AAF03B87C7.jpeg

Last edited:

They said it was wider when they first came out with it, how much is another story. I never saw a reason to upgrade from the original to the 2. Especially when I got the original for $150 when they came out with the 2. Way more comfortable than the phantom I had for a month.

I guess I'm remembering this thread.

View attachment 72773

Looks like my floor…lol

I can just tell you from experience. That OG had nice curve to it.

Back