• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mystery Ranch Pop Up 28

I concur. The versatility of this thing blows my mind.

One thing I'll point out you brought up wanting more straps...not necessary. You can lash a bow to the pack, or in my case I lash my mini-treestand platform to the outside. The side straps that attach the pack to the frame, are male/female buckles and long enough that you can lash a pretty good amount of gear to the pack. I pretty much always hook them up that way even when I am just running it in scouting or turkey hunting mode, because it helps with cinching down the pack and keeping everything from shifting and well balanced.

If I had to offer a critique, I think having the frame extenders not only pop down, but be completely removable is an option I wouldn't mind having, and may get the scissors out and make that happen at some point.

Also not sure if the camo pattern was the same, but with the foilage the fabric was a bit shiny out of the box. Nothing a good dirt rubdown didn't take care of though.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Outstanding review. As I mentioned on Facebook, it's a touch heavy but for all the right reasons. I'm going to pick one up and put it through the paces. I need to sell a few things first. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks like a great pack. I can prob get away with the 18 but its still 4 1/2 lbs more to my setup. I'm currently using badlands pursuit and its about 1 lb.

Looks like a great pack. I can prob get away with the 18 but its still 4 1/2 lbs more to my setup. I'm currently using badlands pursuit and its about 1 lb.

That surely is a great pack too, but really an apples to oranges comparison. I guarantee hiking an hour with 25 pounds worth of gear in each pack, you would not think of that weight difference in such simplistic terms.

If you don't have use for a hip belt and/or a frame then this clearly isn't the right pack. If you do desire those features, it is going to be a hard pack to beat.

If you've never tried those features as a lot of Eastern guys haven't, it may be worth a shot because it is a paradigm shifter putting that weight on your hips instead of carrying it all with shoulder straps.

It is a little heavier, but the mystery Ranch packs carry weight so much better in my opinion so the weight feels less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. This was already on my list after reading elk yinzer’s reviews on it but that pretty much sealed the deal.

Got mine today. Blown away so far. Both in functionality and build. It looks and feels bombproof. Really digging the camo pattern as well. A+ rating so far.

Arrg:grimacing:- wrestling with this one. I have at least 6 Badlands packs.

I'm still blown away by this pack. It is simply perfect. Best pack I've owned in this class. I use to utilize packs that had "wings" that strapped everything to the outside of the pack. With this pack and almost everything is nested on the hauler. This streamlines the pack when moving through heavy cover and also keeps the climbing method close to your spine (usually heaviest packable component with the exception of carbon fiber spurs) thus reducing perceived weight. Plus, I can strap stuff to the outside of the pack like I did with the previous packs if I was carrying other people's stuff.

I looked into it. But you would have to strap sticks to outside of pack and they would get caught in brush and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ah yeah makes since. I will be going with wild edge steps when i eventually get a saddle so that wouldn't be a problem. Although I cold put the steps on the frame as shown in the pick and then bow on the back... Just trying to figure out my gear layout when I make the switch to a saddle.

Just ordered this pack a couple days ago! The discount code still works! Thanks!

Back