• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NE OKLAHOMA hunting Lease spots open

nlrwrangler

Hey if you are interested in a hunting lease in NE Oklahoma contact me. 1000 acres 60% open 40% timber. 5 guys $1000 per person. I lost 2 guys this year and I am looking to replace them. Contact me if you are interested 479-238-4629

Hey if you are interested in a hunting lease in NE Oklahoma contact me. 1000 acres 60% open 40% timber. 5 guys $1000 per person. I lost 2 guys this year and I am looking to replace them. Contact me if you are interested 479-238-4629

I probably can't swing it this year, but I would definitely be interested for next year. What county is it?

What do the deer look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do the deer look like?

Brown to gray with white under thier tails. A few have antlers growing out of thier head.

Sorry the smart a$$ in me came out. I am not exactly what you are asking

So we are suppose to just send you $1000?

Brown to gray with white under thier tails. A few have antlers growing out of thier head.

Sorry the smart a$$ in me came out. I am not exactly what you are asking

Avg body size, avg antler size, what is largest buck killed, what is the minimum size that you’re allowed to shoot, deer numbers, buck to doe ratio, success rates, harvest methods, shot opportunity numbers ?

Avg body size, avg antler size, what is largest buck killed, what is the minimum size that you’re allowed to shoot, deer numbers, buck to doe ratio, success rates, harvest methods, shot opportunity numbers ?

Dude this is a $1000 lease not a big Texas lease that you pay much more that has all of those numbers collected.

Last year we harvested 2 bucks 3.5 yr old bucks that scored between 130-140.

None of us hunted as much as we hoped we would.

Call me and I can answer your questions much better

Dude this is a $1000 lease not a big Texas lease that you pay much more that has all of those numbers collected.

Last year we harvested 2 bucks 3.5 yr old bucks that scored between 130-140.

None of us hunted as much as we hoped we would.

Call me and I can answer your questions much better

Your answer is good info

Just trying to get info that guys may be curious about before sending a stranger $1000

I can connect people with a $10,000/yr lease here in FL with the hopes of consistently getting 100inch bucks

Big difference in price & deer size

A little info goes a long way

$1000 for 130”-140” in OK sounds like a great deal to me compared to what’s available my home state

Wish I had the tjme to go out of state on hunts

Hopefully soon

So the full shoulder mount was killed with a bow off of this lease. The dark horned euro was killed by a 14yr old young man with a rifle and the bleached white skulls and rack was found on the place. We have a handful of other pics of deer on the place. We did not get the lease nailed down last year until late September and did not get to scout to much before season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190808-142806.png
    Screenshot_20190808-142806.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20190808-143236.png
    Screenshot_20190808-143236.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
How much is a NR license in OK?

$300 per method of hunt. So, $300 for an archery license, $300 for a muzzleloader, and $300 for gun license.

The archery license works from beginning of October until like the second week of January. Up to 5 deer (2 bucks, 3 does) per season, all methods combined.

That is good deer country in that area.

Not meaning to high-jack the thread or be negative at all. However, being 36 years old and growing up with a father who taught me to knock on doors and hunt u public land, paying $1000 for 120# of meat seems bananas to me. I'm not trying to hate, but is there a perspective I’m just not seeing? I really want to understand this phenomenon

Not meaning to high-jack the thread or be negative at all. However, being 36 years old and growing up with a father who taught me to knock on doors and hunt u public land, paying $1000 for 120# of meat seems bananas to me. I'm not trying to hate, but is there a perspective I’m just not seeing? I really want to understand this phenomenon
That's because you live in Ohio. I pay 1200 for a bow only lease in Ok that has potential for 160 class. I pay 2000 for a lease in Texas and it only has 140 potential and that is cheap for any lease in Texas.
It's all supply and demand. Land owners charge that because people are willing to pay it. Very little public land in Texas and what there is had very high pressure. Ok has a lot of public land but it's also very high pressure. Knocking on doors doesn't work when the land owners know they can get $10+ per acre.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I pay $ 1,300.00 for 70 acres in Ohio.
Small piece of hilly crappy land that hunters ignore....the secret is all the buck bedding there.

I did it more for Late Muzzleloader season, the Amish Army’s drive me crazy on public.

Last edited:
We have 14500 acres of public land (in one piece) here in the Sandhills. I’ll give it a try this year although I have no idea how much pressure there will be.

Back