• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need help in selecting a three finger tab

Kurt

I recently started shooting three under using a glove. Would you traditional shooters recommend a tab, and if so what would be a good one to start with? I went on Three Rivers Archery website and I could use some help in making a first time purchase. I'm certain I like the three under method. What attachment style is best? I would like to get one I can grow into, so I'm not needing to buy introductory. I have heard that cordovan leather is good. Any help would be appreciated.

Be warned though batemans shoot fast out the hand or at least they did for me and there thinner than most which I liked

I’m in the same boat. I plan on shooting a fixed crawl as well. I just added a cheaper one to my order the other day but plan on figuring out what I like as I go.
Have any of you ever shot with finger stalls. Clay Hayes has a video on making them. They just seem like they would be good for hunting with exception to maybe scent control.

Any consideration to how it attaches to the hand? I see there are a couple of different styles. One where you put your finger through, one using elastic band that looks like it goes around all three fingers, and one I see has an adjustment barrel?

Any consideration to how it attaches to the hand? I see there are a couple of different styles. One where you put your finger through, one using elastic band that looks like it goes around all three fingers, and one I see has an adjustment barrel?
I like the elastic band, theres a pull at the bottom to tighten it. stays put quite nice.
this is the one I shoot:
http://www.ewbateman.com/images/Tabs/TCDLarge.jpg

I make my own from scrap leather. They are a lot like the Bateman. It’s only one layer of leather where the string rides. And I use paracord to make a loose loop around my finger. I flip the tab around to the back of my hand when I need to use my fingers to eat or get on my phone. I use to use black widow tabs with the Velcro around my finger. I much rather the paracord.

best one i have found
ca62b82e6e48037a7870b4fd7822386e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Get two Bateman’s. You will never wear one out but you might loose one. I use a wrist strap so that I can slide mine off without loosing it.

I only use a tab when it's hot. For hunting I wear a glove with leather or synthetic leather fingers. Poly pro liners work good also.
When it gets colder I wear the liners inside the leather fingered gloves.
I shoot traditional and 3 under. Like I said the tab is only used when it is so hot I can't stand to wear the glove. Works great for me and one less thing to drop or lose when I'm hinting.

I love the Fred Eichler tab through 3Rivers. I like that the finger hole is part of the tab. I’ve tried that American Bison one but I’m just not a fan of the O-ring style tabs, nor the ones with a paracord loop for your finger. Purely personal preference.

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all, for your input. I have some decisions to make, and some money to spend. I likely won't be hunting with my recurve this year. I picked up a Samick Sage and need to put the fast flight string on it yet and get fitted for hunting arrows. And of course a ton more practice. I do enjoy shooting it. I'll keep ya'll posted as I progress. Thanks again.

I was looking at some online and the one I found that is very close to the one I make is the Rod Jenkins tab, except I tie a knot in the paracord where needed instead of the plastic cord lock he uses.
This is how I carry and store my tab 100% of the time. Never lost one like this. Keep a spare in my backpack just Incase I drop it from stand or something crazy happens. But I have snatched it up off the ground with my grapple hook the one time I dropped it. Always good to keep a spare.

IMG_4988.JPG

Back