• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need idea for a bow hanger

M. Wilson

So as a lot of y’all know, I dropped my brand new bow off of a hero clip 25’ up a tree. well after repairs, I get it back tomorrow and am not Really big on the idea of continuing to use the hero clip. Any ideas?

Ahh man I was gonna use hero clip this year. I also have a hawk hookster that works good.

Ahh man I was gonna use hero clip this year. I also have a hawk hookster that works good.

I don’t feel like my catastrophe was the fault of the hero clip. I feel like I may have hung it poorly. I need something that is going to support the split limb design rather than 1 limb or the cam. Make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t feel like my catastrophe was the fault of the hero clip. I feel like I may have hung it poorly. I need something that is going to support the split limb design rather than 1 limb or the cam. Make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotcha, the end of the clip fits pretty good between both limbs near cam on my bow.

here’s what I use, night ize figure 9 carabiner on a gear or camera strap. I heat up the anchor clip part(the mouth that has teeth) and bend it closed a couple mm. Then I rip the gate off the carabiner end, heat that up and bend it closed a few mm. The nice thing about this one is the anchor clip bites harder the more weight is placed on. The carabiner end provides more than enough purchase to hang a bow. I plastidipped mine to add extra sound dampening. See it in this pic. Notice my bowtech realm. Split limb sits on it just fine
12B9CD32-CC33-49EE-861E-7872060A49AE.jpeg

I do like this idea too. He just molded his own Kydex right? The mounts it to Riser? Seems fool proof haha
I’m definitely going to give it a go myself. He has his mounted in the same holes my quiver adapter screws to. I have to figure out how to work around that but it’s happening.

It is foolproof. Best. System. Ever.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Greg is it mounted behind the sight? Or on top of it? The Mathews quick disconnect quiver won’t allow it to mount there, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just made a G2 DIY hanger. So simple stupid.... wish it was my idea. I've paired it with an Amsteel daisy chain Tethrd HYS strap hybrid. Basically an amsteel daisy chain with a G hook and strap like the Tethrd HYS strap. You get a no bulk daisy chain strap with a rock solid G hook conection. Not sure if it gets any better than this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200930-205819_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930-205819_Gallery.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot_20200930-205938_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930-205938_Gallery.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 301
  • Screenshot_20200930-205857_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930-205857_Gallery.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 303
  • Screenshot_20200930-205918_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930-205918_Gallery.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 297
I just made a G2 DIY hanger. So simple stupid.... wish it was my idea. I've paired it with an Amsteel daisy chain Tethrd HYS strap hybrid. Basically an amsteel daisy chain with a G hook and strap like the Tethrd HYS strap. You get a no bulk daisy chain strap with a rock solid G hook conection. Not sure if it gets any better than this.
so how did you form the kydex in the hook? I’m sure that’s a dumb question, but I’ve never looked into messing with Kydex. (Not a huge DIY guy) but after having to replace a VXR riser, I’m desperate to try anything haha

Greg is it mounted behind the sight? Or on top of it? The Mathews quick disconnect quiver won’t allow it to mount there, right?

No probkrm mounting to the mathew's quick disconnect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200930-205835_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930-205835_Gallery.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 160
No probkrm mounting to the mathew's quick disconnect.
Yeah I saw that.. looks good. See I would’ve never thought about that way. It rotates out of the way when the quiver is attached. Smart!

so how did you form the kydex in the hook? I’m sure that’s a dumb question, but I’ve never looked into messing with Kydex. (Not a huge DIY guy) but after having to replace a VXR riser, I’m desperate to try anything haha
Just watch the G2 video. It's too simple.

Good deal I’m watching the videos now

PM me if you still have questions.

I mount mine on top of the site. I don't use the Mathews quiver anymore. It sucks. I'm running a tight spot quiver.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Back