• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Oklahoma

Kowi Anukasha

Been lurking for a while. Long time bow hunter but first year to saddle hunt. Using a modified sit-drag for now, but planning to order a commercially manufactured saddle in the near future. I have been practicing out of the sit drag for a couple week and made a couple of presets and really like the saddle concept. i have hunted in the south to the mid west, west and about as far east as you can go, public and private and it seems i have always hunted harder for a tree that a stand will fit in correctly than the actual deer. Season opens tomorrow so hopefully i will be able to put it to the test on a live target. Thanks for all the help from this site from my lurking its truly a wealth of knowledge.

Welcome from Michigan! Good luck tmw and looks like you've done your homework and found best of all, found SaddleHunter.com!

Welcome from Southern Oklahoma, I have a mantis and I am in Durant, OK. Let me know if you want to try it out before purchasing.

Last edited:
Welcome from Oklahoma as well. I live in Oklahoma but near Siloam Springs AR. If you are nearby. I have a JX3, Kestral, and a H2 on the way and also have access to Mantis you could try. I hunt with my twin boys that are 15 so we need 3 options to get into trees. I also have 2 other buddies that are into saddle hunting so there is a lot of gear you can try out.

Chase

Thanks @nlrwrangler. I'm over toward Ada in the central part of the state. I have been looking at the JX3 some especially for the rut and all day sits. Have you spent a whole day in it yet?

Welcome, from North Texas!

I hunt up there by you a bit. I sure do love your state’s season structure and public land availability!

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

It's funny you mention public land @IkemanTX because that is one of the things that prompted me to try out saddle hunting. I've hunted public in many other state but have always been blessed to have private land to hunt here at home. However I can see the writing on the wall that it will soon be a thing of the past. I am currently trying to prefect a public land system that will allow me to take advantage of some those resources.

Back