• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from BAMA

Bama_Xander

After 15 years of climber stand hunting I was so frustrated with noise, catching on brush and limitation on available trees. I switched to a Lone Wolf sticks and hang on stand last year. I loved it. The freedom to pick any tree and climb quietly was exhilarating. Then I discovered the tree saddle......

Tethrd Mantis and Predator are on order. Late July ETA. Researching like a mad man getting ready for their arrival and the beginning of the 2019 deer season.

Mostly public land hunter.

@ Bama_Xander LOL sorry I am a newbie as well. All the knowledge I have, I've gotten from this site and the two times I've actually hunted out of my saddle so far...... but I am still practicing my climbing methods. So far I like spurs (sometimes::grimacing:), bolts, (leaning that way when not on public) and WE steps (for public). We can get together sometime and you can try them out to get an idea what you might like to use....... If I can stay in town long enough, and get off these 12 hour shifts!!(3 AM to 3 PM, 7 days a week doesn't give me much play time, I work relief so I can be sent out of town as needed). I also have the mantis and predator, and like them, and I have a sit-drag I started on this journey with.

Welcome from SE Michigan! Sounds like you have a few saddle hunters close by. Check out the Alabama saddle hunter facebook group.

Welcome, I am another Madison Limestone. May see you swinging from a tree. I never Facebook and was proud of it. Nutterbuster may make me break my tradition and join the Alabama Facebook group. I really like to read post of common interest.

Welcome, I am another Madison Limestone. May see you swinging from a tree. I never Facebook and was proud of it. Nutterbuster may make me break my tradition and join the Alabama Facebook group. I really like to read post of common interest.

Awesome! Same here on the Facebook. It is not good for my productivity or my soul. The temptation for the Alabama SH group is strong though.

Back