• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Guy from DFW

LiftAndShoot

Greetings, hangers -

Ok, that was a little corny. My bad. What I mean to say is, howdy. I'm so brand-new to the idea of saddle hunting it's hilarious. As in, I've known about it for about 2 days. When I stumbled across the product and subsequently found some youtube videos - it was a serious lightbulb moment.

So, I transplanted to TX from Florida in 2014 and I've been a bowhunter ever since. I'm still searching for a way to connect with my first TX deer and I'm wondering if a saddle may be the key to doing it. I'm a family guy - wife and kids and the whole 9 to 5 thing. Love reading books, bit of a video game nerd, and otherwise spending time outside.

Hope to get questions answered and good tips from the folks here. Thanks for the add and I'm glad to know y'all.

LaS.

Welcome, from Denton!

A saddle is a truly versatile tool. My favorite part is that it is extremely lightweight, and you can wear it on you as opposed to carrying it. This is conducive to hunting while scouting. With a saddle, there’s nothing stopping you from slowly scouting until you find sign, and setting up right there. It’s easy to set up, and easy to tear down.

Public, or private, you will probably find ways the saddle will improve your game.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Welcome from northern Michigan. You've come to the right place for answers to questions. The guys here are super helpful and willing to share their experience. Feel free to ask.

Welcome from North Richland Hills! I've had my saddle for only 2 months. I've been practicing from a tree in my yard and got some trees prepped at the lease. I've got some saddle time there too. I'm really excited for this season! Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back