• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from NC

Crane

Hey there! I have never posted anything on this forum and only have been a member for a month or so. I first heard about saddle hunting last hunting season. I hunt public land a lot and when I first saw the tree saddle I was amazed because of how much weight it can save you. I have Always liked the mobile hunting but I am a little behind when it comes to my set up. I’m still hauling in a summit viper climbing stand. With that being said I was going to try and get a lone wolf or XOP lock on and some sticks but I just can not seem to go away from the tree saddle. I went to one of The Hunting Publics scouting classes this year and tried on the tethrd mantis. They had one for demo. It was awkward but everything I read and watch people really seem to love a tree saddle. I have decided that’s what I’m going to go with. Now I need some recommendations and possibly even come across a used tree saddle set up? Thanks guys!

Welcome aboard. My only suggestion would be to try a few versions. I find the method of ascent/descent to vary most. Lot's of different ways so find what works best for you. Good luck with the process!

Welcome from VA! When i lived in NC, i used to hunt some gamelands around the piedmont. Pulled a lot of NC hills with heavy treestands on my back...man, i dont miss those days! You’ll never regret going with a saddle!

Welcome aboard. My only suggestion would be to try a few versions. I find the method of ascent/descent to vary most. Lot's of different ways so find what works best for you. Good luck with the process!
I really like the wild edge steps with a swaider and aider that Jamie Cline demonstrates on YouTube. I think he is the one that makes them?

Check the classifieds there is always some used saddles and accessories floating around!

Welcome from Pa. I would try and see if there are any saddle hunters in you area that you could try out their saddles. I would check out as much as I could before deciding on a saddle and climbing methods.

Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back