• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from RI

Hello everyone, my name is Joe. I'm 43 and live in RI. I'm a disabled combat vet, and a stroke survivor. I'm very new to the saddle game! I'm interested in saddle hunting for lightennig my load for 2 plus mile walk ins to where I hunt. (Obvioulsy I don't hunt in RI, because two miles in any direction puts me in another state) I currently use a summit viper climber, but the weight is a killer for me and limits the distance I can go even with the XOP Treestand transport system. I plan on using a modified viper platform, or LW hand climber for climbing method. I don't care about only being able to use straight trees, distance and lightening my load is number one priorirty.

For saddles, I'm drawn to the JX-3 coming from the comfort of a viper, but the weight is a killer for me with the long distances I walk. I'm eyeing a trophyline ambush lite, and close to pulling the trigger on one. Anyways, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to learning!

Welcome from Maine! I guess my question to you would be what is your exact question? Seems you have the ascend portion figured out, but you're just looking for a saddle referral? If that's the case, most saddles are light and relatively close in weight, from there it comes down to comfort. I ran a Kestrel Flex last season and switched to the Phantom and it is way lighter. Any more questions fire away!

Welcome from Maine! I guess my question to you would be what is your exact question? Seems you have the ascend portion figured out, but you're just looking for a saddle referral? If that's the case, most saddles are light and relatively close in weight, from there it comes down to comfort. I ran a Kestrel Flex last season and switched to the Phantom and it is way lighter. Any more questions fire away!

Thanks for the welcome! I currently don't have any questions, just introducing myself! Thanks!

Hello everyone, my name is Joe. I'm 43 and live in RI. I'm a disabled combat vet, and a stroke survivor. I'm very new to the saddle game! I'm interested in saddle hunting for lightennig my load for 2 plus mile walk ins to where I hunt. (Obvioulsy I don't hunt in RI, because two miles in any direction puts me in another state) I currently use a summit viper climber, but the weight is a killer for me and limits the distance I can go even with the XOP Treestand transport system. I plan on using a modified viper platform, or LW hand climber for climbing method. I don't care about only being able to use straight trees, distance and lightening my load is number one priorirty.

For saddles, I'm drawn to the JX-3 coming from the comfort of a viper, but the weight is a killer for me with the long distances I walk. I'm eyeing a trophyline ambush lite, and close to pulling the trigger on one. Anyways, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to learning!
Welcome and keep us posted with what you do. Thank you for your service and stay healthy!

LOL! Thanks brother! I figured you were over here somewhere!!
Yup. Get on and read thru the threads every couple days, just don't post much. If you every have any questions you can't find here, just give me text.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yup. Get on and read thru the threads every couple days, just don't post much. If you every have any questions you can't find here, just give me text.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Will do, thanks!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Back