• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from SE PA

dlist777

Hi All, my name is Doug from the Philly area. I hunt in DE, MD, and PA. I'm going to try to hunt full time from a saddle next season. I currently use a rock climbing harness anyway, and I recently purchased a sit and drag. I hunt primarily a xbow, muzzle loader, and slug gun. I didn't think it would work out with the xbow, but I've been practicing with the sit and drag and the RC harness (a few feet off the ground) and clearing the limbs does not seem like its going to be a major issue.

I have a predator platform on order. I mainly hunt private land, so I plan to have pre-set sticks on as many trees as a I can. I will also have a set of LW sticks for when I want to hunt a tree that isn't pre-set.

My main reason for wanting to switch was I'm getting tired of setting up ladder stands and hang ons everywhere, having to move them, taking them down in the summer, having them rust out, etc. etc.

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot.

Welcome man! I'm not far from you down here in MD. I started out the same as you with a sit drag, but quickly went with the simplicity of a saddle.

What area you hunt in MD? I'm in Elkton, but hunt all over Cecil.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome from SE Michigan. Very similar story to mine - double ladder stands are bulky and a pain to setup. My daughter and I can hunt next to each other easily in saddles.

Welcome man! I'm not far from you down here in MD. I started out the same as you with a sit drag, but quickly went with the simplicity of a saddle.

What area you hunt in MD? I'm in Elkton, but hunt all over Cecil.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eastern Shore. I have a spot in Kent County DE and Kent County MD

Welcome for Orange county NY. The Double ladders stands that I used with my son were the most uncomfortable stand ever!

Back