• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Guy from South Georgia

Buckhole75

New to the forum but not new to saddle hunting.Used a Trophy Line as another way to be versatile in my bow hunting.I got rid of the tree saddle and am gonna make a choice on one of the newer lighter weight saddles because I hunt lots of public ground in a few states every year and that always leads to lots of walking.Enjoying the reading so far Seems like a good group of guys!

New to the forum but not new to saddle hunting.Used a Trophy Line as another way to be versatile in my bow hunting.I got rid of the tree saddle and am gonna make a choice on one of the newer lighter weight saddles because I hunt lots of public ground in a few states every year and that always leads to lots of walking.Enjoying the reading so far Seems like a good group of guys!
You're right about that. I'm new, myself, but I've already seen how awesome these guys are. Welcome to the forum! I'm hunting public land in North Georgia, and have made the decision to go with a saddle for some of the same reasons. Enjoy the forum, and good luck!

Welcome. What part of south GA are you from?

I’m in Fitzgerald. My mom is in Dothan so I go through donalsonville occasionally. If you haven’t got a new saddle by the time season gets going good maybe we can meet at Chickasawhatchee wma and I can let you try some of my gear. I currently have a sit drag, trophyline ambush, kestrel, and hopefully a mantis by then. I may make it down to silver lake for a hunt but it will be late December.

Welcome enjoy the site there's alot of information on here and you won't find a better bunch of guys

EricS My son and I may kick the year off at Chickasaw.If not we are only about 8 miles from Silver Lake.We hunt it a lot early in the year.And I also spend a lot of time down there with my rabbit dogs.

Back