• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Guy

UMICH1

Want to try some sort of saddle. Been looking and Guido and Aero Hunter and not sure which route to go. Any suggestions for first time user? Thanks.

Welcome to the site, you have come to the right place for learning this saddle stuff. I use the web and love it but now, I have never used any of the other saddles. There are saddles you lean in and saddles that you sit in, I like sitting so I went with the web but you also can lean in the web also.
Any way, these guys on the site are freaking awesome at helping and suggestions so good luck and really hope you love it like these guys do..

Want to try some sort of saddle. Been looking and Guido and Aero Hunter and not sure which route to go. Any suggestions for first time user? Thanks.

Welcome UMICH.

I love my aero hunter evo. Never tried the guidos web so can't speak to that. The versatility and mobility of the aero hunter is great. Once you get the adjustments dialed in, it is very comfortable and extremely safe.

Of course, as you've probably read already, a rock climbing harness coupled with a sit drag is a great, cheaper option, too.

Lots of great ideas on here - don't be afraid to ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Web is a good option - it was my first of now many saddles. For short walks in any weather or medium walks in cold weather with preset trees, it is awesome. The down side is that it weighs a lot and is warn in as a back pack. In hot weather or long walks you may want something different. Also, if you plan to hunt mobile and take sticks with you, the Web plus sticks will be as much or more than a light weight climber. The fork is awesome, the supports are awesome and I can't imagine being much more comfortable.

In the early season I used several different saddles. But now that it is cold and since all of my trees are preset, I will only hunt from the Web most likely. I throw my outside layers and some water in it and don't need anything else at this time of year.

I was looking at trying the Sitdrag modification. If I like it, then I was thinking I could grab a guido or aero hunter so I'd have two. Give one to my 26yr old son to use. I'm a "always have to have a backup" guy anyways. I usually have two of everything. I was looking at 2 different harnesses, the Mammut Ophir 3 Slide or the Black Diamond Alpine Bod. Any one better than the other? Thanks.

I was looking at trying the Sitdrag modification. If I like it, then I was thinking I could grab a guido or aero hunter so I'd have two. Give one to my 26yr old son to use. I'm a "always have to have a backup" guy anyways. I usually have two of everything. I was looking at 2 different harnesses, the Mammut Ophir 3 Slide or the Black Diamond Alpine Bod. Any one better than the other? Thanks.

If you like the SitDrag, you probably won't end up with one of the others. Too fun building more SnD's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site! There are lots of options. Browse around and feel free to ask any questions that may help you.

My first one was a Guido I bought in October last year....I hunted out of it a little over a month and killed a few deer out of it before I found out about the sit drag.....sure wish I had bought the sit drag first! :blush:

Welcome!!

I started with a Web and then went to an Evo and now I'm using a SitDrag lol. Out of all I like the SD the best. For the price and comfort I don't think it can be beat. I am more of a "leaner" and I think the SD lends itself to that style better. If you like to sit for long periods the web is just awesome. I found myself sleeping in the Web more than hunting

You boys are so misleading. Get yourself a leather Trophyline tree saddle and enjoy!

It light enough for me. And the leather is very supple. Mucho comfortable!!!!!

Yep

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't really want one but Huck said I hade to get one if I could. If you decide to part with it I will give it a try before donating it to little Huck when I don't like it.

I don't really want one but Huck said I hade to get one if I could. If you decide to part with it I will give it a try before donating it to little Huck when I don't like it.

Some people simply exude brilliance. How do you do that with Mausty?

UMICH1 I am guessing you reside in or near Ann Arbor. I have a GW and I live nearby and would be more than happy to let you look at it and have a hang in the tree with it.

I am a older overweight individual and safety is the first and most important thing to me. And I feel the GW is the best in this area. I have had a treesaddle in the past and felt very safe in that as well.

The comfort of the GW is unbeatable in my opinion and that means a great deal to me. But it is heavier and hot to wear in the early part of the season. Like has been said you will need to evaluate your own needs and decide what is right for you. The people on this site are amazing at helping others and offering suggestions.

I know it can get expensive trying different things and not liking them. That is why I made the offer to try out my GW.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back