• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New member from SE Michigan

Wolverinebuckman

Hi all! I decided after 6 years of set stands, and a climber last year, it was time to go to a saddle. I like the idea of the light weight, compact, mobile system that they appear to provide.I purchased a black diamond rc harness, and plan to pair it with a sit drag. I plan on doing a lot of mixed ground/tree hunts this season and don't care to go in with a big stand on back. I live and hunt in Monroe county, as well as hunting Lenewee and some Wayne. Might head to Hillsdale too this year. Both marsh and ag/woods.
I have been obsessed with learning tactics on Hunting Beast, and quite a few members have referenced this site.
Looking forward to learning the saddle game from you guys!
Go Blue!!
Chris

Hi all! I decided after 6 years of set stands, and a climber last year, it was time to go to a saddle. I like the idea of the light weight, compact, mobile system that they appear to provide.I purchased a black diamond rc harness, and plan to pair it with a sit drag. I plan on doing a lot of mixed ground/tree hunts this season and don't care to go in with a big stand on back. I live and hunt in Monroe county, as well as hunting Lenewee and some Wayne. Might head to Hillsdale too this year. Both marsh and ag/woods.
I have been obsessed with learning tactics on Hunting Beast, and quite a few members have referenced this site.
Looking forward to learning the saddle game from you guys!
Go Blue!!
Chris
Welcome, from Adrian. Go blue, beat Loyola!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome!
"Light weight, compact and mobile"...you've come to the right place, lots of guys here who have hung the tree stands up and went to hanging from a saddle.
These guys can answer just about any question you may have so don't be afraid to ask.

Welcome to the site from Oakland County, Michigan. Are you hunting private or public land in Wayne, Monroe counties?

Hudson Lake State Park last year, probably this year too. Lost Nations this year, maybe HAP.

I used to live in Canton, and I know there are some monsters in the electrical right of way by the landfills off Michigan Avenue... I think that's off limits for hunting though.

I thought I might try Waterloo this year, but I keep hearing how busy it is.

Welcome from another newbie to saddle hunting in Oakland County Mi.
There are a lot of big bucks in Southern Mich if you can find them. Ive seen some monsters come out of the Wayne/Monroe area, but its private land.

Hudson Lake State Park last year, probably this year too. Lost Nations this year, maybe HAP.

I used to live in Canton, and I know there are some monsters in the electrical right of way by the landfills off Michigan Avenue... I think that's off limits for hunting though.

I thought I might try Waterloo this year, but I keep hearing how busy it is.

I've heard some good stuff about lost nations. A friend has let me hunt his 30 acres in Hudson a couple of times, and I love the area! Last season was my first year really getting off that little local farm and getting my feet wet on public. Wow do I love it! Hoping to get a marsh mule this year!

Welcome from another newbie to saddle hunting in Oakland County Mi.
There are a lot of big bucks in Southern Mich if you can find them. Ive seen some monsters come out of the Wayne/Monroe area, but its private land.

I'm digging on public, big time! I got my first deer down last year (farm), and I'm not going to be toooo picky this year. Hoping for a 3.5 year old, but would likely go on another 2.5 if given the chance.

I have 1 small farm in Monroe, as well as a couple public spots, public in Wayne, and a HAP in Lenewee. I would like to add Onsted State Game in too. How about you?
I hunted a farm in Calhoun county for years until it was sold last year, now I've been chasing my tail on public ground Jackson and Washtenaw counties. Huge difference!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back