• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NMSbowhunter

SH Member
I just joined the forum and I wanted to say hello to everyone. I am in Mississippi and this is my first season saddle hunting. I have been bowhunting for about ten years and this is my second year hunting public land and permission properties only.

I hunt mobile and rarely hunt the same tree twice. I am currently running 4 Lone Wolf sticks with an aider and a ring of steps at the top. I purchased seven Pioneer steps from Bullman Outdoors and use an OCB strap from Eastern Woods Outdoors to cinch them down tight. I have two saddles. The first is the Cruzr XC and the second is a Treehopper Recon. Both are great saddles and I have gravitated toward the Recon since it is so small and light. I do like the two-panel saddle and was planning to purchase an Eberhart Signature Saddle prior to this season but they were on backorder and I spent my "fun money". I plan to pick one of these up for next season since I have been following John Eberhart's great advice for years. I did have the chance to try on an ESS and really liked it.

I would also like to make my own saddle soon along the lines of the Wraptor, described on this site. I like do it yourself projects.

Anyway, enough for now. I plan to get up early and be back up a tree before daylight tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
M I S S I S S I P P I haha peepee eye... oh man its late. Hey, welcome from WNY!!

Back