• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New platform

bigjoe

Jan 10, 2015
VA
What is the weight rating in the Ambush?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

67elmustang

SH Member
Oct 7, 2014
Brad Kuhnerts stated in the Video from Southern Outdoorsmen ,
that color may change and certain parts of design before its released
This Spring!

IkemanTX

Oct 16, 2015
$100 more than the predator.....
also, I wonder how their rubberized coating will effect slipperiness with muddy/wet boots.

I don’t think they had enough saddlehunter experience in the design of that one, but it sure is awesome to have so many choices.

Also, I did see some discussion that they may have infringed on Dan Infalt’s patents regarding waterjetting or plasma cutting of stands... so it will be interesting to see how that all turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Apex7

Public

Oct 29, 2018
N.Texas
Seems more like just a different way of hunting to me. His saddle just looks like a padded linemen's belt to me - just to keep you from falling of the stand. Could be wrong can't see it that well.

Reactions: SloMo

pilgrimhunter

Jan 18, 2017
SW VA
You know after seeing the "saddle" he is using I can understand needing the extra size. Seems like that saddle would not do much for weight support and leave it mostly all on your feet. Nothing there that makes me feel the need to get one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

67elmustang

SH Member
Oct 7, 2014
The original harness wasn’t a saddle as we use .
It was a standing setup and allowed mobile movement around tree.
Ive had 4 Assasins in the past 5 years and Sold because there was a market to sell.

kuzinva

Dec 14, 2018
Virginia
As a brand new saddle hunter, (just order my saddle on Dec 24), having different options for platforms has some good and bad. The good is we have a choice, the bad is we really don't know what will fit us or even how a platform feels. That said I still like having more options and for my size 14 feet and have to wonder if the extra width would help. Being brand new, this site is a tremendous resource and it's great to see more companies taking notice of saddle hunting!

Reactions: ldkmlr5401

skyjacker

SH Member
Nov 21, 2018
Oklahoma
The original harness wasn’t a saddle as we use .
It was a standing setup and allowed mobile movement around tree.
Ive had 4 Assasins in the past 5 years and Sold because there was a market to sell.

Yep. It's like we have different terminology. I would define saddle hunting as sitting in a saddle (something saddling your butt, hips and legs) with some kind of platform to give you relief. Kuhnert's system looks more like standing on a platform while leaning back into a harness, with mobility to lean around the tree. But it's obvious he's not sitting in that harness. Both of these system's are great. If you are standing most of the time this new ambush may be a great platform for you. I think it will come down to personal choice for a lot of folks.

Reactions: Kurt and SloMo

Mechanicsburg

Dec 19, 2018
Mississippi
$100 more than the predator.....
also, I wonder how their rubberized coating will effect slipperiness with muddy/wet boots.

I don’t think they had enough saddlehunter experience in the design of that one, but it sure is awesome to have so many choices.

Also, I did see some discussion that they may have infringed on Dan Infalt’s patents regarding waterjetting or plasma cutting of stands... so it will be interesting to see how that all turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$100 more but that’s the platform and saddle.

kenn1320

Sep 15, 2015
That is sweet. Didn't get to watch the whole vid, didn't see the saddle. Reading some of your comments it sounds like what many of us do now. Leaners vs sitters. With a platform theres np need to sit or walk around the tree. You can shoot 360 with less movement and no foot on a step pain.