• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Saddle & Bow Hunter from WI

ISU17

Hey guys! I am a recent college grad who moved to Wisconsin for a job (originally from Saint Paul, MN) and finally had the time/money to start bow hunting; something I have always wanted to do since I was a kid. This fall will also be my first time hunting public land, in which I realized I'm gonna need a mobile set-up. Long story short, stumbled across saddle hunting through some of DIYSportsman/ @bowhunter15 's videos and instantly recognized the huge advantage this hunting style brings! I finally decided to get on board after being an avid reader of this sight for a few months, and am planning on going with the rock harness/fleece saddle route (for now) due to the simplicity/low cost. Big shout-out to all the guys with 'how-to'/ DIY videos (DIYSportman, @g2outdoors, @Boudreaux , and @DaveT1963 to name a few), these have been really helpful as a newbie.
This fall is going to be a HUGE learning curve for me, but I'm looking forward to the challenge! Just gotta put in the work over the summer. Any and all advice is welcome!

Howdy! I started public land hunting seriously in college because I didn't have time to drive up to our lease every weekend. Now I prefer public land over private. Lots of rompin' room. You'll have a blast.

Glad you’re here, welcome to the saddle hunting world.
Sounds like you’ve done your homework

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off, congrats on finishing college! Second, welcome to the Saddle Hunting community! I'm glad to hear someone else is saving their hard earned cash and going the rock climbing harness/fleece saddle route, can't beat it in my mind. I'm currently a sitdrag/fleece saddle guy, I might be the last holdout, everyone seems to be getting the Mantis these days.

Anyway, you may have already seen it but there are some good pointers in the New Saddle Hunter section.
http://www.saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/noobie-advice-info.5590/

If you are back home at any point, and have questions, there were several of us who live in the Twin cities who would be willing to help. I love doing one on one demos and probably have at least one of every method you might have questions on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Welcome from PA. That's all I do is bowhunt . Ejoy the site a lot of great guys on here.

Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back