• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New saddle hunter form SC

BKRob

Hello all,
Happened up on the saddle hunting craze almost by accident and I think I may be hooked. Just got my new Kestrel Monday and will be looking hard at the Mantis and Predator come June 1. Working out some comfort issues Soon I hope. Determined to make it work.
Love the forum
I am in the Charleston Sc area.

Welcome to the site . Enjoy you Kestrel. It's the best saddle I have ever used so far.

Welcome, say goodbye to your free time as it will all be spent here (along with your money).

Comfort issues are easily solved with a little direction.

First of all adjust your tether height to about forehead level. That will fix the comfort issues for most guys.
Second, how long is your bridge? I recommend about 24-30" total length. The bigger guy you are, the closer to the 30" you should be. Smaller guys can get away with shorter bridges, but longer bridges tend to be universally more comfortable.

That said, there aren't many hard and fast rules about comfort. It really boils down to experimentation.

I have a lot of content on my YouTube channel that will help you get dialed in. Please check it out and hopefully that will help!
www.youtube.com/g2outdoors.

Comfort issues are easily solved with a little direction.

First of all adjust your tether height to about forehead level. That will fix the comfort issues for most guys.
Second, how long is your bridge? I recommend about 24-30" total length. The bigger guy you are, the closer to the 30" you should be. Smaller guys can get away with shorter bridges, but longer bridges tend to be universally more comfortable.

That said, there aren't many hard and fast rules about comfort. It really boils down to experimentation.

I have a lot of content on my YouTube channel that will help you get dialed in. Please check it out and hopefully that will help!
www.youtube.com/g2outdoors.
Thx for the input. I am trying my bridge at 24 inches a now and it seems to have helped a lot. Already found your videos but have not been through all of them yet. That's one of the primary things that got me interested in the saddle to begin with. Thx for all the effort in sharing info. Great forum here.

Hello all,
Happened up on the saddle hunting craze almost by accident and I think I may be hooked. Just got my new Kestrel Monday and will be looking hard at the Mantis and Predator come June 1. Working out some comfort issues Soon I hope. Determined to make it work.
Love the forum
I am in the Charleston Sc area.
Welcome from Michigan.

Back