• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to this

Hey everyone. I started researching saddles because of the pain I’m in during sits in a tree stand, ladder, climber, and even in a chair on the ground. I’m 5’11 and weight 255 so I’m larger. I live in NW Arkansas. Any advise, tips, or if someone lives near me where I could see one that’d be awesome. God bless and thanks.

Hey everyone. I started researching saddles because of the pain I’m in during sits in a tree stand, ladder, climber, and even in a chair on the ground. I’m 5’11 and weight 255 so I’m larger. I live in NW Arkansas. Any advise, tips, or if someone lives near me where I could see one that’d be awesome. God bless and thanks.

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome from Sportsman's Paradise! If I could give any advice it would be to ask plenty of questions. There's a ton of information already out there and tons of questions that have already been asked. Most of your questions can probably be answered just by reading through the Forum, but don't be scared to ask anyway this is an awesome group of guys who are always willing to help. Don't forget YouTube videos by G2 Outdoors, Boudreaux, and DIY Sportsman just to name a few.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Southpaw. I think you will find a great mix of newbies and experienced saddle hunters here. I'm new to this myself and ordered a Tethrd system for my first saddle setup. Being new I can say the most useful start is to sift through this forum, there's more information than you can imagine. Also check out G2 Outdoors on YouTube. Greg has a great spot for saddle info, especially info for newbies. Lastly I would take a look at the member map on the saddlehunter website. There may be some local members who would be invaluable to your learning. Most importantly jump on in the conversation, there's no judgment here, and enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! You should be able to find any information you need here.
If I was close I’d let you borrow some of my gear to test out. I’m sure there’s someone in your neck of the woods willing to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the "Saddle Nation" map for a member near you. Welcome from Michigan.

Back