• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Treehopper hand drills

Sipsey

Received pictures today of the new version of the Treehopper hand drill. Curious if anyone has had a chance to try one out yet. They look robust but was wondering if they were any more efficient that the ezkut.

1547254658672.png1547254658672.png1547254658672.png

The Treehoppers are kind of the holy grail of bolt systems.
That sucker is MUCH more robust than my EZKut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never tried bolts so I don’t have any experience with any of the drills that are out there. I read some good things on here in regards to Treehopper and it seemed like a lot of folks were excited they were coming back so I put in an order last week. I couldn’t get the PayPal link to work so I sent them an email requesting an invoice for what I wanted one night. Mark responded to my inquiry before I woke up the next morning.

He was very informative about when they were expecting to ship. He emailed again yesterday to show the photos above and said they should be shipping next week.

I’ve been really happy with the communication and customer service so far from Treehopper. I’m looking forward to trying out their products!

I have my new drill on order and got a notification it will ship next week.

What bit are you guys using in portable battery drills? I’ve read somewhere there is a bit and stop you can buy from Lowe’s/Home Depot...... and that it works well!

Actually, yes. It stays a 90 degrees so I feel like all my effort is transfered into the bit much more efficiently. Ez cut feels sloppy I'm comparison.
Do you already have one of the new ones? Mine was shipped Friday, but I elected to take one of the prototypes. The ones that will ship this week weren't yet back from being anodized.
I do have a replica we made from an old Treehopper. The old ones, do pivot slightly past 90 degrees, which is a good feature. It allows a little better clearance in some situations. I hope the new ones have the same design in how far the bit pivots.

Here's the copy we made next to the original.
I think I'm going to like the old style handle knob better than the new style knob, which is shown in post #1.
c9a5b0b9ec5cfd7622ac321bf26c986e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have my new drill on order and got a notification it will ship next week.

What bit are you guys using in portable battery drills? I’ve read somewhere there is a bit and stop you can buy from Lowe’s/Home Depot...... and that it works well!
Both Treehopper and EZKut offer bits for battery drills. They look identical. They are probably from the same manufacturer.
I bought a couple and they work lightning fast. My buddy bought a similar bit from the hardware store and added a collar for a stop...Looked perfect, but it wouldn't drill into soft lumber.
I'd highly recommend a bit from Treehopper. Their bit is probably no better than an EZKut bit, but Treehopper seems to have their act together much better than EZKut when it come to customer service. I originally had a hand drill ordered from EZ...I cancelled it when I found out the new Treehoppers were about to be released.

Tha

Thanks ..might have to get one. Drilling trees is about the only climbing method I haven’t tried yet..
For anyone who uses screw-in steps, you'll love bolts in comparison. I still like my Cranford EZClimb screw-ins, and they have a place among my stuff, but bolts are my go-to step method.

Back