• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Tribe Evolution...Improvent suggestions thread

Buckhorn70

SH Member
I wanted to start a thread where we could list our suggestion for making the Evolution better. A place New Tribe staff could get feedback on improving there product.

1) Using Earth tone colors on all the straps instead of black. Maybe olive green, beige and so on.....

2) Use a Camo pattern that works well in the trees. Something with a more open pattern (Predator), the pattern they use now is too dark in my opinion.

3) Use wider straps on the leg supports.... maybe 1.5" or 2"

4) Maybe try and find a little quieter fabric. What they use now can make a little noise

5) This may be hard to do but if they could come up with a ......light weight and removable whale tail to keep you away from the tree.

I like all your ideas.

I'd like to see a design that eliminates the paw rigging plates.

Buckhorn70 said:
1) Using Earth tone colors on all the straps instead of black. Maybe olive green, beige and so on.....

2) Use a Camo pattern that works well in the trees. Something with a more open pattern (Predator), the pattern they use now is too dark in my opinion.

3) Use wider straps on the leg supports.... maybe 1.5" or 2"

4) Maybe try and find a little quieter fabric. What they use now can make a little noise

5) This may be hard to do but if they could come up with a ......light weight and removable whale tail to keep you away from the tree.

I am all with you on 1 and 2. Two is harder to do because you have to license camo patterns and it is not cheap....

Thanks,
Boswell

im with you on the color on the straps...
im with you on the width of the straps 1.5 would be fine...

I find the upper belt unneccesary, and could do without it. especially if they go with wider straps and a metal adjust buckle on the sides. similar to the cinch buckle i mod'ed.

If the camo license is too much, I think an earthy solid color would work on the fabric part. Then you could make the straps another Earthy Color.
Maybe beige fabric and olive green straps or some other Earthy combos......

Buckhorn70 said:

Camo patterns are developed for the human eye, not the deer's eye. Research at the University of Georgia has shown that deer see into the ultra-violet spectrum of light very well, and the whites in the "predator" pattern would surely reflect ultra-violet light really well. To demonstrate this, the grad student that was doing the research showed various camo patterns under a black light to simulate how ultra-violet light is reflected. In short, although many people buy patterns with a lot of white, and kill some deer in them, I wouldn't buy an EVO if "Predator" was the only pattern I could choose. I do like the idea of having different camo patterns to choose from though.

I would love to see a way scaled down model. Sorry but I just don't need all the extras for comfort. Would be so nice to see a saddle that cradles your rear end, has an adjustable waist belt, safety strap for legs (if you just gotta) and two sewn in loops (one per side) to attach bridge and lineman's belt. I know I keep hoping someone will come out with a minimalist saddle for hunting but I know that it probably wont happen. Heck for what they are charging now perhaps I should just buy an industrial sewing machine and make my own :( Sorry, I still don't trust my own sewing using that speedy awl thing.

When I hunt my number one concern is effectiveness not comfort. I wonder what some guys will do on a sheep or elk hunt - pack in a lazy boy? If I want comfort I'll take a dang cruise - I want a tool for hunting.

Brown straps and olive drab seat or via versa would be great. I don't care about camo pattern especially on such a small piece. Earth tones would be perfect.

Leg straps with the padding extended 3-4 more inches should help with the digging in to the crotch but I could be wrong. Would have to be tested.

Some kind of quick detachment of the leg straps would be be the greatest improvement! I hate stepping into those legs straps especially with muddy boots and water on the ground. This really sucks! I use to use the black diamond bod harness and putting it on was a breeze! Like this. http://www.backcountry.com/black-diamon ... 99-ABBLK-L

bioguy said:
Buckhorn70 said:

Camo patterns are developed for the human eye, not the deer's eye. Research at the University of Georgia has shown that deer see into the ultra-violet spectrum of light very well, and the whites in the "predator" pattern would surely reflect ultra-violet light really well. To demonstrate this, the grad student that was doing the research showed various camo patterns under a black light to simulate how ultra-violet light is reflected. In short, although many people buy patterns with a lot of white, and kill some deer in them, I wouldn't buy an EVO if "Predator" was the only pattern I could choose. I do like the idea of having different camo patterns to choose from though.

Have you tried breakup patterns like predator? I honestly can't see myself going back to anything other than one of these open patterns. In the past I would get picked off. Now the deer look right through me.

I'm partially with you on material reflection though. There are a lot of camos out there with a sheen to them. Sometimes it applied weather protection, sometimes it the material itself. I prefer fabrics with textures that are less flashy.

That reminds me of another thing I didn't like about the Evo out of the box. When I hit it with a UV light it had a slight glow to it...

BassBoysLLP said:
Have you tried breakup patterns like predator? I honestly can't see myself going back to anything other than one of these open patterns. In the past I would get picked off. Now the deer look right through me.

I'm partially with you on material reflection though. There are a lot of camos out there with a sheen to them. Sometimes it applied weather protection, sometimes it the material itself. I prefer fabrics with textures that are less flashy.

That reminds me of another thing I didn't like about the Evo out of the box. When I hit it with a UV light it had a slight glow to it...

To each their own when it comes to what works for them. I'm just saying I personally would not buy a pattern with a lot of whites in it. I do like the idea of more camo options though.

Does the latest rumored prototype include any of these modifications?????? :mrgreen:

BassBoysLLP said:
Does the latest rumored prototype include any of these modifications?????? :mrgreen:
Can't wait to see it :D

I like the weight of the fabric the Ambush Tree Saddle uses. Light, flexible and comfortable. Maybe NT can use something along those lines.

I wish the NT EVO wasn't so busy with straps. My Ambush TS is just as comfortable in the seat as the NT EVO. The lumbar support on the EVO provides the little extra comfort over the Ambush.

I'm all for olive drab straps and a different camo pattern but I don't seriously think it would make much difference to the deer at all, most all of the safety harnesses I've used over the years had some type of black strap and I was never bothered by that, nor did the deer seem to mind. I also like SS's idea about being able to unclip the bridge to step in I think it would make it much easier getting the Evolution on and off. Other than that I think the Evolution is an awesome product that a lot of us have been waiting for a long time. I know I'm extremely happy with mine and having a lot of fun experimenting with it and finding new ways to use it to intercept the whitetails in my hunting area. I could have thumped this six pointer the other morning but I was waiting for a nice eight that I had on camera to show up but he didn't make an appearance that morning.

Good Hunting,

Roger

Attachments

• IMG_2485.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 102
Stykbow1 said:
I'm all for olive drab straps and a different camo pattern but I don't seriously think it would make much difference to the deer at all, most all of the safety harnesses I've used over the years had some type of black strap and I was never bothered by that, nor did the deer seem to mind.

Not sure I agree with this. Stark and highly contrasting colors catch eyes and are easier to focus on, especially if there is movement. Since drab colors are readily available it makes absolutely no sense to use a color that rarely appears in nature. Yes there are shades of black and dark greys- but pure black seldom appears in nature and certainly not in such well defined lines.

I think it has been mentioned in a different thread but finding a way to remove the paws completely. I am wondering if the function of the paws couldn't be accomplished with enough load bearing strength using sewn webbing. You could closely mimic the design of the paws but maybe use webbing that has been folded in on itself?

Either way it would reduce some weight and also considerably quiet the aerohunter. While it probably wouldn't have the same strength rating as a milled piece of aluminum I am betting a design could be achieved using just webbing (or maybe even rope, idk). The biggest question would be still be strong enough for general hanging and fall arrest purposes.

d_rek said:
I think it has been mentioned in a different thread but finding a way to remove the paws completely. I am wondering if the function of the paws couldn't be accomplished with enough load bearing strength using sewn webbing. You could closely mimic the design of the paws but maybe use webbing that has been folded in on itself?

Either way it would reduce some weight and also considerably quiet the aerohunter. While it probably wouldn't have the same strength rating as a milled piece of aluminum I am betting a design could be achieved using just webbing (or maybe even rope, idk). The biggest question would be still be strong enough for general hanging and fall arrest purposes.

Another option would be to have a fixed bridge that goes all the way around the saddle (similar to old tree saddle) that way you can get rid to the climb paws if sewing the loop is not an option.

DaveT1963 said:
Stykbow1 said:
I'm all for olive drab straps and a different camo pattern but I don't seriously think it would make much difference to the deer at all, most all of the safety harnesses I've used over the years had some type of black strap and I was never bothered by that, nor did the deer seem to mind.

Not sure I agree with this. Stark and highly contrasting colors catch eyes and are easier to focus on, especially if there is movement. Since drab colors are readily available it makes absolutely no sense to use a color that rarely appears in nature. Yes there are shades of black and dark greys- but pure black seldom appears in nature and certainly not in such well defined lines.

Dave that may be true but I can't say definitively that any deer has ever spotted me because of black straps and many times the deer have looked right through me even though I've had a harness on with all black two inch webbing. I also did a lot of still hunting from the ground with my longbows and recurves in faded jeans and a gray or green shirt and had deer get so close I couldn't even draw on them because they were 20 feet away. To me good background cover, not moving when the animals are in close, and scent control is more important than which type of camoflague is used. My personal opinion is that most camouflage appeals to the hunter based on our perspective, not the deers, and while there is tons of research on what and how deer see they still can't prove that all deer will react the same way to visual cues. That being said if using a certain type of camouflage gives you confidence then I say go for it because a confident hunter is an effective hunter but I feel camouflage is only one small component in the whole hunting system.

Good Hunting,

Roger

DaveT1963 said:
d_rek said:

Another option would be to have a fixed bridge that goes all the way around the saddle (similar to old tree saddle) that way you can get rid to the climb paws if sewing the loop is not an option.

Dave I've never used a Tree Saddle, I did have a Anderson Tree Sling for a short period of time, but from what I've been told that was why fit was critical with the Tree Saddle because there wasn't much adjustability and if that is fixed wouldn't it lose that adjustability and make it extremely important to get the proper size?

d_rek I think many people have mentioned going to an all web system, I think at one point Dave did as well, I'm not sure exactly why the rigging plate needs to be made from metal but perhaps it needs to be rigid and that is a good question for AeroHunter.

Good Hunting,

Roger

Back