• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie. St. Louis area. Kestrel Kite.

Robert

Hello, from Missouri. My name is Robert and I just purchased an Aero Hunter Kestrel Kite (the new mesh one) after lurking on the site for a couple of weeks.

I only have access to public land, and plan to hunt some local public land marshes and mid Missouri national forests. I only hunt with a bow, this will be my second season.

This site is a wealth of knowledge for anyone who is interested in anything saddle related. It blows my mind that I had never even heard of saddle hunting before 6 months ago. I have previously used a couple of ladder stands that an outfitter has set up. A friend also set up some stands for me to use, Lone Wolf hang ons.

Welcome. I live in St Charles MO and just ordered my first saddle(Mantis) as well! I got tired of lugging my lone wolf around. Good luck

Welcome! You're gonna love it! Check out the new saddle hunter info, specifically the glossary(so you can translate what everyone is talking about, lol and the Noobie info which is a good overview and recently updated).

Hello, from Missouri. My name is Robert and I just purchased an Aero Hunter Kestrel Kite (the new mesh one) after lurking on the site for a couple of weeks.

I only have access to public land, and plan to hunt some local public land marshes and mid Missouri national forests. I only hunt with a bow, this will be my second season.

This site is a wealth of knowledge for anyone who is interested in anything saddle related. It blows my mind that I had never even heard of saddle hunting before 6 months ago. I have previously used a couple of ladder stands that an outfitter has set up. A friend also set up some stands for me to use, Lone Wolf hang ons.
Welcome from Michigan.

Welcome to the site, great bunch of of saddle hunters to help speed up your learning curve. Prob won’t save you any money though, buckle up! Ha!

Back