• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

jfinn

Well I'm only 3 years into my hunting adventures and it took me 2 seasons to decide the hang on wasn't working for me. I just picked up a Phantom and predator platform. I have a general question in regards to hanging the platform in relation to the main trail you plan to hunt. What side of the tree in relation to the trail? I'm a right handed shooters. Do you want to use the tree to your advantage to hide behind it?

Yes. Try to set up with where you think deer will come from on your strong side. That way you stay hidden behind the tree.

I don't think I've ever seen a video of someone shooting around the tree. Usually they show how to turn around and shoot. All the deer I saw came from behind me last season. One even woke me up. :D The other ones must have let me sleep. ;)

Last edited:
Back